Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road disc wheelset
  • Ben_H

I’m in the process of swapping my Cotic Escapade for a lighter build, based around a Kinesis 4S Disc frameset.

I currently have set of disc wheels using Hope Pro 2 Evo (front) and Pro 2 (rear) hubs and DT X470 29er rims. I’m guessing at a wheel weight around the 1,800g mark? The Pro 2 rear hub dates from 2009 and isn’t compatible with 11-speed Shimano road cassettes.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a decent set of road disc wheels? Kinesis do their own Racelight set at around 1,500g – but I do like Hope products and wondered if there were some lighter rims out there to match with a new Evo 40T hub (road 11sp compatible).

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m eyeing up a pair of DT Swiss DICUTs like THIS but as you don’t mention budget they may not suit your needs.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Hunt 4 season wheels
    Just Riding Along Jaw Bone wheels

Daffy

The Alpha 340 is about the lightest aluminium rim for road at 385g, but your best bet would be a set of Lightbicycle Carbon rims at £300.

I’ve got a set of the Kinesis Crosslight V3 disc wheels for sale if you’re interested at £180. They’re immaculate, under warranty with Merlin and only 1535g

Bez

woody74

Also which ones make a click noise as I hate clicking hubs. My hope hubs do my head in every time I go out riding. I know this is each to their own!!

Why is it wheels prices just seem to be going up and up. Back in the day you could get XT hubs on decent top line mavic rims for just over £100. Now anything decent seems to be £250+

Eddiethegent

I’m thinking about going for a pair of Cosine disc wheels at Wiggle.

£180 and 1600g. Too new for any reviews though

Turnerfan1
    Free Member

Yeah,
    Mason/Hunt 4 season disc.
    Well made,light, good value and adaptable.
    Used for cross racing the past few months and stood up too it well.
    Reccomended!
    Max

pdw
    Free Member

I’m thinking about going for a pair of Cosine disc wheels at Wiggle. £180 and 1600g. Too new for any reviews though

I’ve got a pair on my new 4S disc. I measure them as 1671g plus 108g for the QRs.

I’m very happy with them so far, and despite the optimistic advertised weight they still seem like good value – I paid £162.

Ben_H

Thanks guys – I’ve ordered a pair of Racelight 700c Disc wheels via Winstanleys (£320 -v- £400 rrp), so here’s hoping they’re good. They’ll match my 4S frame at least. 😉

The Mason / Hunt wheels look great, but they appear to have a long lead time at the moment.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road disc wheelset’ is closed to new replies.