Road cycling team news

Home Forum Bike Forum Road cycling team news

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road cycling team news
  • Premier Icon iainc
    Subscriber

not unexpected but good news.

Wonder who Wiggins will go with – can’t imagine there being space for him and Froome at Sky anymore…

Gary_M

No surprise there then.

meehaja

re: froome/wiggins… TBH I reckon wiggins will stay and froome goes (on sheer practicality, brad lives in lancarshire, froome in monaco). also froome has no ties to the track team, has less emotional links to the sky team and is younger, making him a greater investment for a big team.

glupton1976

Rigoberto Uran and Petacchi have signed for OPQS to apparently.

mcobie

[/quote]re: froome/wiggins… TBH I reckon wiggins will stay and froome goes (on sheer practicality, brad lives in lancarshire, froome in monaco). also froome has no ties to the track team, has less emotional links to the sky team and is younger, making him a greater investment for a big team.

I thought Froome had just signed a two year contract with Sky?

Premier Icon spawnofyorkshire
    Subscriber

where they live has nowt to do with who they ride for. Cav spends a lot of the year living in Italy but rides for a belgian team and has previously ridden for british and american teams

anyway Sky, Movistar and OPQS are the biggest teams out there and OPQS aren’t a GC team.

Premier Icon MSP
    Subscriber

omega pharma quickstep have signed Mark Renshaw, looks like he will be lead out man for Cavendish again. I wonder if they will be able to perform the same hit rate they used to together.

deviant

Wiggins is going nowhere, in his book he appears very happy with Sky/British Cycling and it’s coaches.

He says in his book he wants to ride on the road until 2014 and then go back to the track in order to make the 2016 Olympic team.

He also says he has no desire to go back to the tour….ever.

The last few pages of his book are a real insight into his character, essentially he is a track cyclist/time trial rider who knows his limitations on the road but pulled out all the stops (and had a great team) for that TdF win….he is brutally honest when he says he has no desire to go back and struggle like Cadel Evans.

He does however rate the Giro as one of the great races he wants to win so i expect an all out assault on that in 2014 and then he’ll bow out gracefully….Froome will be left to defend the TdF title without team politics coming into play.

When Wiggins goes back to the track Sky can concentrate on bringing Porte through as their next GC winner i reckon.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road cycling team news’ is closed to new replies.

Comments are closed, but trackbacks are open.

Skip to top