Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road cycling holiday; recommendations please.
  • Bianchi-Boy
    Free Member

I have a week off in Sept. I quite fancy getting away for a few days of sunshine on the road bike. I’ve been to Mallorca and the Alps in the past, so quite fancy somewhere else in Europe this time.

Anyone have any personal recommendations of regions to go to or better still actual hotels/guesthouses to be based at?

Thanks,

Ian

uplink
    Free Member

Pyractif are good

Home

donsimon
    Free Member

Fuerteventura/ Canary Islands.

Digger90
    Free Member

Majorca is always good. Plenty of companies and riders go there in Spring time for training camps etc and there’s good reason – the roads, terrain and weather are excellent.

Sept will be very warm still but not burning hot like July/August.

If you Google around there’s plenty of info about road routes and biking in Majorca.

qwerty
    Free Member

Italy, somewhere classically Italian, I.don’t know Italy but their national sport is cycling and they’re fanatical about it. Good pasta, wine and women. Has mountains and coastline. September should be good weatherwise.

reggiegasket
    Free Member

Dolomites – stunning but a bit tricky to get to.

Provence for Ventoux – I know an excellent guesthouse too.

mogrim

Bit of a reading fail there, Digger90!

Central Spain is pretty mountainous, you could do worse than hiring a car and spending a couple of days in El Escorial, then moving on to Bejar/Hervas/Jerte. (I’ve put all three on the map to show you where they are, it’s not necessarily the route I’d do!)

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road cycling holiday; recommendations please.’ is closed to new replies.