Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road cycle routes Mijas Spain
  • baldman
    Free Member

Hi all – any tips on where to find cycle routes around the Mijas area of Spain? I’ll have access to a road bike so looking for quiet roads rather than mtb. Any sites with GPX type files people know of or good directions that I can map myself?

Cheers

B

palmer77
    Free Member

Hi mate, I’m down the road in San Pedro. There’s nice route inland from the coast, but expect to have to go out and return on the same roads as circular routes tend to be very long and hilly! I’m planning on going out from Coín tomorrow if you want a spin out?

baldman
    Free Member

Hi Palmer – not there until middle of next week sadly. Looking at the maps that was my thought – lots of out and back routes if avoiding the busy roads or epic hilly long rides.

highlandman
    Free Member

Cicerone do a cycle touring guidebook for Spain which has quite a bit in that region, enough info to piece together 2 or 3 day rides from.

beicmynydd
    Free Member

Stayed in Alurin el grande about 15 years ago, was supposed to be a MTB holliday but tunred out to be Road MTB !

There was a good ride to Ronda over a few mountain passes, from what I remenber the roads where quiet with a few tourist coaches.

palmer77
    Free Member

No worries, let me know if you want to meet up. Plenty of nice quiet roads between Ronda, Estapona, and where you’ll be.

EDIT: This was Istán yesterday https://www.relive.cc/view/927661863

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road cycle routes Mijas Spain’ is closed to new replies.