Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 448 total)
  • Road: Could Not Resist….
  • Vortexracing

Remember, nothing less than dura-ace and Zipp carbon wheels 😉

boblo
    Free Member

That’s another £2k down the pan then…. 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

@boblo – thank-you and, nowt wrong with a bit of decathlon 😉 One thing for sure – I ain’t going to be going all Rapha / Assos F1Mille soon 🙂

@Shibboleth – yep, I do reside in Marsden. Are you local to these parts?
    Parts list = simples – everything required to make the f+f into a bike!

Vortex – LOL! anything in that direction and the only ZIPP i’ll need will be one to reattach my manhood! Mine is likely to be the most low budget build ever seen on a frame of this calibre but, that’s fine!

Right – off to walk the dog, hour on MTB, tea, pub quiz – got to load those carbs for when the Scott is built 🙂

oldboy
    Free Member

Just heard my SL 54cm arrives tomorrow. I have some nice new FSA SL-K stuff, unused, but will the red K logo compromise the cool black/white of the frame? 🙂 Wheels will be new Kysrium Elite and groupset mostly Ultegra, for now. If you’re finger is dithering over the buy button go for it, ‘cos life’s too short guys.

johnnystorm

Mine arrives tomorrow. Planning to swap over all the bits from my Boardman Team Alloy. I’ll probably end up rebuilding the Boardman if further tarty bits come up in similar deals.

dazh

Mine arrives tomorrow too. Still mulling over groupsets, but I reckon a force is the way to go. Should have it built just in time for when the weather turns!

taxi25
    Free Member

Anyone looking for a 31.6mm seat post for their build I’ve got a 3T Dorico Team for sale in the adds.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Bollocks, the 54’s still in stock.

Please buy them and make my decision for me.

Out of interest, what would a cheap* build set me back?

What are your plans?

*Cheap, Carbon finishing kit and nothing lower than Ultegra, Ksyrium and Ti railed saddle (fizik, Specialized) This is why I don’t want one (ok I do but, my wallet doesn’t)

velabella
    Free Member

Have a 52 arriving tomorrow, can’t wait to get it built up! Thinking Force group and Ksyrium Elites, just need to decide on finishing kit.

ChrisA
    Free Member

Where are you looking that the SL’s are still in stock? There is only XXL
    Or XXS left by where I’m looking??

ska-49
    Free Member

Mine arrives between 9.14-10.14 apparently! Rather excited.

eyerideit- I’m looking at similar spec to you and priced mine up at £1580 (inc. frame) with some careful bargain hunting and the excel table says it should weigh 15.5lbs (more like 16 then).

Kryton57

Go on eye ride it – in your situation the ability to bang out 20 miles and be at home in an hour is priceless, I may be doing this at lunchtime today.

I shouldn’t by this frame a a winter bike should I, no matter how tempting…

eyerideit
    Free Member

ska-49 I’m looking at similar spec to you and priced mine up at £1580 (inc. frame) with some careful bargain hunting and the excel table says it should weigh 15.5lbs (more like 16 then).

That doesn’t help! 🙂

Kryton57, I’ve got my trusty Kapu for a quick blast, this is just a vanity purchase/best/Sunday bike at best. I’m working in Kensington at the moment so I’m getting a few miles in.

Use it for best and demote your current bike

ska-49
    Free Member

Arrived! I had hoped that the headset cups were installed. Dont really want to do it with wood/mallet.

marsdenman
    Free Member

I had hoped that the headset cups were installed

ah…. now, my Pro is not set to ship until tonight. Gonna give ’em a call to set if headset and BB are fitted. If not, will ask about cost – saves faffing when it arrives… 🙂

dazh

I know what you mean. Mine’s going to be mainly a commuter, albeit a summer commuter, but it still feels like heresy. I’d like to keep it for best but Mrs Daz has invoked the one-in-one-out rule.

wwaswas

BB was fitted but headset not on mine too.

Turns out that the inside diameter of the headset cups don’t quite match the bits on my Cyclus headset press so I had to use a washer to stop it alipping to an odd angle.

ransos
    Free Member

Anyone looking at a build on the Pro1 should be aware that complete bikes are available at substantial discount, eg:

http://www.bike-treks.co.uk/298505/products/2012_Scott_CR1_Pro_Carbon_Ultegra_Compact_Double.aspx?origin=pla?kwd=&gclid=CP3fu83U0bcCFWLHtAoddCYAEA

Houns

Gutted to have missed this!

marsdenman
    Free Member

mine will be my only road bike. plan is to ‘commute’ when the weather is good (mildly moist at worse!) – Morning loop, shower at home and stroll into work – self employed, a nice 5 min stroll to my office 🙂

marsdenman
    Free Member

Gutted to have missed this!

Pro’s still available, in all but 61

Pro’s are due to ship out from them on Tuesday – slight amendment to what I was originally told but no biggie.

Speaking to the shop this morning, seems they shifted 250’ish SL’s this last week 😯

wwaswas

seems they shifted 250’ish SL’s this last week

that’s £125k of cash flow then and a couple of months until the VAT’s due 🙂

Shibboleth
    Free Member

I have to say, I’m incredibly impressed with Westbrook – the dispatch was very prompt considering the amount of stock they’re shifting, the price was awesome, and they use very diligent couriers. Not heard of any major problems – anyone with differing BB requirements have had them sorted efficiently and, from what I can gather, at no cost.

I’ll certainly be adding them to my favourites and using them again in future.

AverageMark
    Free Member

Didn’t buy a Scott frame but did purchase my TCR from them a few months back. Great to deal with – even shipped on a 24hr courier for me to make sure i had the bike for the weekend.

damitamit
    Free Member

Yep, very quick dispatch.

Just ordered a SRAM BB. Wish I’d spoken to them before it was dispatched – checked whether they could’ve swapped it.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Mine just landed – at exactly the half-way point of the allocated timeslot. Very efficient!

Looks lovely, quality of finish is nowhere near the standard on my Cervelo but it’s a good looking bike… The matt finish with be a bitch to keep remotely clean though!

Very chuffed for £499… 😀

wwaswas

The matt finish with be a bitch to keep remotely clean though!

not a frame to handle when you have assembly paste on your fingers, I’ve found 😳

dazh

Got mine too. It’s currently being passed around the office by the non-cyclists with amazed looks on their faces regarding how light it is 🙂 It actually looks nicer in real life than in the pictures.

thegeneralist
    Free Member

Anyone looking at a build on the Pro1 should be aware that complete bikes are available at substantial discount, eg:

I was going to raise that point in relation to the SLs. That same bike shop has them super cheap with Dura Ace.

Surprised nobody has mentioned it till now.

Out of interest, how does £3k for the full build compare with £500 for the frame only?

chakaping
    Free Member

Out of interest, how does £3k for the full build compare with £500 for the frame only?

Depends on a few things, but I guess most purchased for £500 will get built with existing kit or lesser spec than Dura Ace.

Vortexracing

Mine arrived 10 minutes ago

the bloke from Interlink thought it was an empty box 🙄

I looked at them before pressing the buy button. Biketreks have the full ones in with Dura ace and Mavic wheels @ £3K.

I had a quick tot up and a same build with groupset and wheels from merlin will be about £2300-£2400, so quite a bit less than the full builds.

Slacks
    Free Member

Sat here gutted that there aren’t any SL’s left in Large. If I had not been out training the last few nights and sat on the internet instead…..Sniff. Swines.

Slacks
    Free Member

Hmmm a lot of brand new frames on ebay in Large going from £650.

Shibboleth
    Free Member

A little tip for anyone struggling to get the headset cups to fit with a standard cyclus-style press. If you turn the conical drifts round so the wide flat base is inside the cups, they go in a treat. No need to fanny about with washers. 🙂

Vortexracing

Ta for that tip, I’m going to have a go at mine this avo.

I’ve also re-thought my build. I think I’ll go for SRAM Force rather than Red, that will save me £600 for only just over 1/2lbs!! and I am seriously considering these wheels linked to in a previous thread. They look nice and understated, plus they seem a good weight

http://www.wheelsmith.co.uk/news/63-wheelsmith-race23

[anal]The rest I think will be Ritchey stuff to match the headset[/anal]

Shibboleth
    Free Member

Those wheels will look lovely vortex… I’m thinking that I’ve spent enough on bikes this year so I’ll finish the season on my ultegra wheels and perhaps get some 50mm carbons from wheelsmith next year.

I threw the bike together last night, looks good but just waiting for the seat post which might come in today’s post if I’m lucky!

I found some FSA carbon cranks in my parts bin, so I put them on. Black bar tape, black saddle… It’s got quite a stealthy look about it! I’ll post a pic when it’s finished…

Vortexracing

looking fwd to seeing it.

Mine may take a bit to be complete as I need to ‘manage’ the finances a bit 😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

Mine may take a bit to be complete as I need to ‘manage’ the finances a bit[/quote}
    I think I may know what this means 😉

Vortexracing

I’m sure you do 😉

and no, she still doesn’t know it’s arrived. I still haven’t had the ‘right’ moment to break the news yet, but I did save £1500 !!!

decide to get rid of that 5 yet and go 29er?

Junkyard
    Free Member

Tempted but need to try one first but plan was hardtail and longer travel 26 er. Most expensive bike I own and the least used

Viewing 40 posts - 161 through 200 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Road: Could Not Resist….’ is closed to new replies.