Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 448 total)
  • Road: Could Not Resist….
  • dannybgoode

Do they do it in 853? 😉

Cheers

Danny B

ska-49
    Free Member

Whoever bought a 54cm. Please be very dissapointed with your purchase and sell it to me!

Vortexracing

I had the last remaining ‘small’ in my basket since lunchtime, decided after tea to press the ‘buy’ button and the bloody thing has been sold.

bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger!bugger! 😥

damitamit
    Free Member

Sorry ska-49, that was probably me! :p (well that’s if they do have it in stock. I’ll find out tomorrow).

It’s going to replace my Isaac Impulse frameset (which will be for sale if the Scott is good). Aiming for a 14lb build.

Vortexracing

Aiming for a 14lb build.

can I be the one to point out that your not really helping 🙄

alansd1980

Massive thanks to the OP, picked up one of the Addicts in HTC colours.
    Maybe not my first choice with the livery on but at that price hard to say no!

grum
    Free Member

Great PSA. I’m sort of glad I didn’t see it in time or I’d possibly have been in a lot of trouble with the missus! Well done to all those who got a mega-bargain.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Can’t believe I missed this but kind of glad I did. Well done to those who got one.

I’ve a question though, on such a high end frame why do the cables run externally?

It’s a lovely frame and whoever gets one is a lucky bugger.

🙂

wwaswas

I’m sucker for an impulse ‘crikey that’s a bargin’ purchase.

I am left with a part of me hoping they counted wrong and there was one 56cm less than they thought.

I don’t really need a road bike. I want one, obviously, but that’s not quite the same is it?

[edit] just got a despatch email. Clearly they can count.

boblo
    Free Member

External cables? Probably the frame design predates the fashion for internal cables and I’d expect Scott to want to try and avoid diluting the ‘advantages’ if the Foil.

ChrisA
    Free Member

i’ll have it off you wwaswas if you don;t want it!

chakaping
    Free Member

Order dispatched.

Phew.

Better find some stuff to sell now though.

damitamit
    Free Member

Same here!

Anyone know if you can fit a normal Sram Red crankset to a BB91 bb/frame?

chakaping
    Free Member

Frame comes with a shimano press fit BB, so you just need to swap that for a Sram/Truvativ one (I have a Force chainset).

wwaswas

Frame comes with a shimano press fit BB

ooh, that’s good. Good job I didn;t buy another.

What sort of Shimano front mech will it need? I shall be transferring the 10 speed kit from my cross bike and that has a banded front mech.

I think other than road brakes I’ve got everything else I need.

Vortexracing

BTW guys

They are back in stock 😀

earl_brutus

Want but how do i justify it? Thought i was happy with my allez………

Vortexracing

Want but how do i justify it?

your saving £1500 !!!! 😀

Leigh2612
    Free Member

I’ve got a ’12 CR1 comp, not sure I would notice the slight weight difference but the colours are better… I wonder if its coincidence there are a bunch of these on eBay now…!

ska-49
    Free Member

Done! Graduation present to myself.

(Never built a road bike, only bought complete. Can I use a 105 crank in the pressfit bb? What front mech will I need? Cheers all)

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

Vortex you’re not helping!

People buying 2 and selling one on for more on eBay to subsidise the ‘keeper’?

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Wow great price. But by the time you’ve built it up with some half decent bits, you could have just bought a Canyon Ultimate Al fully built.

boblo
    Free Member

….And you’d still just have a Canyon Ultimate Al….

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

…..Which is a good bike

mrhoppy

Well it is but I priced up an ultegra, rs80, and carbon finishing kit for about £2k, using that frame, probably 14 ish lbs.

chakaping
    Free Member

Wow great price. But by the time you’ve built it up with some half decent bits, you could have just bought a Canyon Ultimate Al fully built.

I’ve already got some half decent bits on my bike.

I reckon it’ll cost me £200-300 to upgrade after I’ve sold my old frame.

Alpha1653

Oh balls. I knew I shouldn’t have logged on to see the words, “they’re back in stock”….

rOcKeTdOg

looks like the website has crashed in the buying frenzy!

wwaswas

I knew I shouldn’t have logged on to see the words

wwaswas

well, mine’s here.

at the ‘crikey that’s stupidly light’ end of the weight spectrum – there’s not many frames that make carbon road forks feel slightly heavy for their size, ime.

Be interesting to see how well the matt finish lasts.

weeksy

Dunno, it’s fine for me….

http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/frames-c6/mountain-bike-frames-c113/scott-spark-29-pro-full-suspension-frameset-2012-p194644

The Spark 29 pro frame is VERY much catching my eye at the moment, but my plan was to buy a HT for a road/backup use, not anohter FS frame !!! but DAMN that’s very cheap.

I think i’d need to change stuff on my Pro2 hub for the rear end though as i run standard QR on it…. I also don’t know how this Remote control shifter fit would work as i have a set of Fox F29’s with hand operated lockout, i assume this remote stuff is for a specific fork type and ones with bar mounted lockout. I don’t mind not having it… but depends how it fits to the frame etc as to whether it would get in the way

oldboy
    Free Member

Just ordered a 54cm and 5.05% Topcashback discount as well. No more temptation on here please!

crazy-legs

You know the old in-joke about spotting a STW forumite by the Audi and the Orange 5 in the trail centre car park?

Well very soon there’s going to be fleets of high end Scott bikes on the roads and it’ll be “ah right, another STWer then”

😉
    Still debating that Foil. It’s just that buying the Premium then compels me to buy a £2500 groupset…

wwaswas

fleets of high end Scott bikes on the roads and it’ll be “ah right, another STWer then”

all being ridden by people with baggy shorts and mtb shoes 😉

chakaping
    Free Member

Well very soon there’s going to be fleets of high end Scott bikes on the roads and it’ll be “ah right, another STWer then”

Wearing those garish £15 Scott baggy shorts and the £15 Kona merino jersey while riding them, obvs.

chakaping
    Free Member

all being ridden by people with baggy shorts and mtb shoes

Stop spoiling my gags and take a picture of your frame.

Vortexracing

take a picture of your frame

yeah piccies

wwaswas

oh go on then;

‘scuse the part finished kitchen. Waiting for glass splashbacks.

Vortexracing

are the highlights bronze or silver?

wwaswas

[edit]

on top tube?

silvery (although more ‘yellow’ than the lettering) but not bronze.

well maybe light bronze/dark yellowy silver.

that’s not much help, is it, sorry.

Viewing 40 posts - 41 through 80 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Road: Could Not Resist….’ is closed to new replies.