Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)
  • Road: Could Not Resist….
  • boblo
    Free Member

Damn these too good to refuse offers….

Bargain Scott CR1 SL Frame

mcmoonter
    Free Member

£1530 off! 😯

brakes
    Free Member

860g!

ojom
    Free Member

That’s got to be a mistake. I think they inverted the disco calc.

matt_outandabout

860g!

cheers_drive

If I wasn’t saving up for a Brian Rourke I’d hit the buy button without thinking. Bet they cancel the orders anyway due to a mistake

matt_outandabout
    TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Site’s not responding now !!!

boblo
    Free Member

No mistake. They have (had) 400 in stock and mine will be delivered Tuesday 🙂

supertwisted
    Free Member

Bah, posts like this make me cry. If only I had the money spare I could save a packet on my next road build.

tang
    Free Member

I’m hovering!! Got a build kit sitting waiting…wasn’t planning on getting a f&f yet (saving up, plus no credit rule on bikes) time to have a finance meeting with the boss!

trail_rat
    Free Member

Its cheap and its light but have you ridden one.

Scott cr1 the star of anal jntruders – part 2

Back to back with a tcr advanced sl the scott was like riding a jack hammer

boblo
    Free Member

I have an 09 CR1 Pro. I must like anal jackhammers……. 😉

I think they changed the geo around 2010 to make them a bit less racer/more Sportivey but look at the angles and tube lengths. There’s not much difference between that and race tackle.

Howsoever Trail Rat, if you can get a new TCR frame for less than £500, chop chop old fruit 🙂

chakaping
    Free Member

Cheers Boblo, I have also succumbed.

🙂

supertwisted
    Free Member

Thought the newer ones were more forgiving? Since the Addict is the race thoroughbred the CR1 has is more sportive-like these days. Or so I hear/read.

boblo
    Free Member

The Foil is the king of the Scott carbon jungle these days, the Addict is about to be reintroduced as a non aero racy road bike. The CR1 is the Sportive riding MAMIL’s armchair. Or so the marketing bolleaux would have you believe….

That CR1 Sl is made of Scott’s HMX flavour carbon. Apparently top banana. I must be catching a Scott/carbon disease as I bought a pair of their carbon ski’s a few weeks ago… Ooops.

trail_rat
    Free Member

I know where there is one if anyone interested. Its collection only near dundee, turned it down as it will be winter afore im home to build it 🙁

How ever it was an old one i rode – we quit stocking scott before the mamil armchair version.
    New ones might be better.

supertwisted
    Free Member

Well, I’d be in like a rat up a carbon drain pipe if I had the funds.

chakaping
    Free Member

Geometry looks pretty similar to my Boardman, which is quite racy.

Head tube a bit longer I expect, but I use spacers under the stem anyway ATM.

I’m happy to give it a whirl.

lunge

God damn you, they have an Addict SL in (stupid tall size) 61cm. Anyone want to buy it before I do?

househusband

A month or so ago I bought a CR1 Team for the same price as the Comp but with a Mavic Aksium wheel upgrade. Very happy with both the price and the bike, not that I’ve got much to compare it with – guess that for the distances I cover I don’t feel the ‘anal jackhammer’ effect!

boblo
    Free Member

As I said up there ^ I have the ’09 version that was out before they were apparently ‘softened’ <sigh>. I’ve ridden a couple of double centuries on it plus half a dozen centuries. Happy to report my anus is intact and all my other points of contact are still fully functional 🙂 Not trying to boast about mileage just that one mans ‘jackhammer’ is another’s ‘just the tool for the job’ . YMMV.

LeeW

Harumpf, I ordered a R3 team last week. If I’d have seen this I could have saved myself a packet.

podman
    Free Member

How do you all feel a 56 would fit a 6′?

My CX bike (which would be stripped for the build) is 56 and my track bike (which would be sold to fund the frame) is 55, but never been completely convinced that I wouldn’t be better with a 58… which isn’t in stock.

boblo
    Free Member

I’m 6′ with a 30″ inside leg and I ride the 56. It’s perfect.

househusband

I’m 6’2″ and have the 2013 XL/58 frame; I did get some fitting advice.

trail_rat
    Free Member

You wont want a 58 in a scott at 6ft

Im 6ft 3 with a 34 inch inside leg and would ride a 56- confusingly im a 58 in giants and meridas . All manufacturers different.

Brilliant hh 🙂 two completely opposing posts 🙂

Best to sit on them but i found scott bikes to be massive for a given size.

MrSmith
    Free Member

Find out the ETT of your track bike and see how they match, would be looking at a 110-130 stem and factor in the extra reach of the hoods on the bars. I would ignore the anecdotal sizing people will post as bikes are measured differently and people have different arm/torso/leg proportions and have different levels of flexibility. The key is to know the ETT of a bike that fits you and that of the frame you are looking at. The other variables like seat angle and head tube only vary cockpit length slightly. Ignore the people who say ‘move the saddle forward/backward’ as the relationship between saddle and pedal should not change.

househusband

Brilliant hh two completely opposing posts

trail_rat
    Free Member

Mines and yours 🙂

househusband

Ah – gotcha!

I’m neither particularly fit nor an experienced roadie so haven’t got much to compare to apart from an ’05 Giant OCR (alloy frame with carbon fork) that didn’t fit me well – but since moving to more rural Fife I’ve found that road riding is rather pleasant!

MrSmith
    Free Member

Doesn’t matter how cheap a frame is if its the wrong size.

plop_pants
    Free Member

“Im 6ft 3 with a 34 inch inside leg and would ride a 56”

Im 6ft 1 with a 34 inch inside leg and do ride a 58
    Scott Cr1 Pro 2011. Spot on for me.
    BTW they are not a soft bike. I use mine for racing and its as quick as anything else I’ve race on.

MrSmith
    Free Member

I’m 6ft 1 and wouldn’t ride either of them.
    I know I want 565mm and 130mm stem and a 17cm head tube so neither 56 or 58 would not fit but if they made a 57 then it would mean zero spacers and a stem flipped which would be o.k. But not ideal
    I don’t like a short stem and the head tube on a 58 is way too tall for me, the 56 would mean a 140stem (prefer a 130) as there’s half a deg on the seat angle and the TT is too short.

damitamit
    Free Member

Damn you! A bargain I could not resist. Ordered!

5% quidco too 🙂

podman
    Free Member

Thanks for the size advice (& sorry for the lack of inside leg measurement- couldn’t remember it off the top of my head). Had a a closer look at the geometry and I’ve ordered a 56. I’ve been debating a FM066 SL for a while now but I was slightly uneasy about the possible lack of support- much happier getting this, even though I’m not crazy about the colour scheme (I’d have preferred something darker & more subtle).

5% quidco (£25) and I understand it comes with a BB91 bottom bracket fitted, so that saves another £25 and means it doesn’t come in at much more than the FM066 SL.

Totally overkill for me (it’s basically my first road bike), but massive thanks for the PSA and I’m looking forward to getting it!

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

overkill nah, its Cervelo quality for Ribble/On One money (Scott and Cervelo made in same factory) so why not?! If I hadnt recently bought a heavily reduced carbon/ultegra Lapierre in a CRC sale I’d be all over this like a shot; get a reduced groupset from mail-order-house-of-choice and you’re on your way to building a quality new bike for less than it would go for used which is whats known as a no-brainer.

Specs say its comes with Ritchey WCS headset fitted which is ~£50.

I’m a recent and huge convert to road, the ability to get out for an hour or three straight from my door fits in with shift work far better than loading up the car and driving 40 minutes to ride, and Ive discovered a joy in riding UP hill. Only problem is getting on my ~35lb 160mm full susser after 3 months of 18lb road bike and it feeling like a lead-filled mattress!

have fun with the build and stick a pic up when its finished.

gravity-slave
    Free Member

Slept on it. My size sold out. Decision made!

crazy-legs

There’s a Foil there in my size…

boblo
    Free Member

Yeah the Foil is the bike I really want…. :-/ Ah well, not convinced about the aero gains for the riding that I do…

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 448 total)

The topic ‘Road: Could Not Resist….’ is closed to new replies.