Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • road content (sorry, its about radios)
  • cullen-bay
    Free Member

apparently being phased out.

UCI are phasing out radios in races to make racing more interesting…

discuss. or dont.

BigDummy
    Free Member

We shouldn't discuss it. Discussing things makes them boring, as we have a chance to share our views and recieve input from one another which results in too many calculated and nuanced opinions. We ought to be able to formulate our own responses to this, and act on them immediately. If we can't, we can always drop back to the team car. Spontaneity is everything in forum posting, it's what keeps it exciting.

njee20
    Free Member

Nah they won't, they did a trial in the TdF, all bar 3 of the teams (all French) signed a petition to try and boycott it, there was a second 'non-radio' day scheduled but that did get cancelled.

It won't happen, too much opposition.

BigDummy
    Free Member

Didn't they complain that it shouldn't be done during the Tour and ought to be phased in slowly? I read this as the start of that process.

sofatester
    Free Member

We shouldn't discuss it. Discussing things makes them boring, as we have a chance to share our views and recieve input from one another which results in too many calculated and nuanced opinions. We ought to be able to formulate our own responses to this, and act on them immediately. If we can't, we can always drop back to the team car. Spontaneity is everything in forum posting, it's what keeps it exciting.

I was about you write something equally pretentious but you beat me to it! 😉

cullen-bay
    Free Member

i know they tried it, it made no difference whatsoever to the stag.

leggyblonde
    Free Member

there was massive opposition to forcing the riders to wear helmets but they had to eventually, it'll happen if the UCI really wants it to.
    Races will be boring at first as teams will be too scared to do anything without the boss's authority, then someone will win on a cheeky break and it'll be attacks left, right and centre! I think it'll be better apart from Cav winning less stages….

ooOOoo
    Free Member

Are they going to give them a TV instead? That would be fair.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘road content (sorry, its about radios)’ is closed to new replies.