Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • road condition Leith hill area
  • oneoneoneone
    Free Member

just a quick one.

any one know the condition of the roads around leith, i want to go to peaselake but cold harbour is just as good.

many thanks shaun

njee20
    Free Member

Drove up to Peaslake yesterday, took it steady but didn't have any problems in my Golf, coming from Ewhurst, up past Duke of Kent school, would suggest Cold Harbour would be worse, if you're coming at Peaslake from the north you should be absolutely fine.

freeridenick
    Free Member

coldharbour is lethal at the moment…tried to go up saturday and failed due black ice and 2 cars that had slid in to each other. Currently snowing again!

glenp
    Free Member

I live in Abinger Common. You can get there no problem, just need to leave a massive gap to the car ahead (if there is one) because there are icy patches.

Holmbury St Mary is a bit skiddy but passable.

Don't try and go down to Friday Street – sheet ice.

Haven't been up to Coldharbour, but you'd be daft to try without a good reason.

The long straight road from Abinger Common to the Leith Hill car parks (Starveal) will be ok I expect.

The woods are lovely though, so worth a trip if you fancy a mild adventure!

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

Don't try and go down that zig zag road through Ranmore common either!! Sheet ice and the road gets steeper and steeper until a very sharp turn at the bottom.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘road condition Leith hill area’ is closed to new replies.