Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road chainset upgrade – Sram Force?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

I want a compact double for my newly acquired CX/winter bike and thought I might as well use the non-series Sram chainset from my nicer road bike and buy something spiffier for that.

Bike has Rival transmission, so I’m considering a Force chainset. Any reason not to? Owners’ views?

Cheers

🙂

dallas95
    Free Member

The Force chainset is a nice bit of kit. I have a Sram red chainset on my Supersix and a spare Force chainset taken off a bike I sold and I can’t tell the difference. I like Sram, in my view lighter and better looking than Shimano stuff. The Force has unused 50/39 compact sram red powerglide chainrings on it and is 172.5 arms. I am going to sell it as I don’t use it and it is like new. It’s BB30, £125.00 posted if you’re interested or wait for it to go on ebay in a couple of weeks and have a punt.

njee20
    Free Member

50/39 rings? You sure? That’s a compact outer with a standard inner.

dallas95
    Free Member

Sorry, typo, should be 50/34 rings.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks for the offer, but wrong BB and crankarm length unfortunately.

dallas95
    Free Member

No probs. I’m having a clearout at the moment and have already got a load of ultegra stuff going on ebay tonight so I’m going to wait a couple of weeks before listing the next batch. It should do well as it’s got the sram red rings so looks better than standard. I wouldn’t spend the extra on the red chainset now as I’ve seen both as I reckon the cranks are the same with different graphics. Weight is within a few grams which could just be tolerances.

shortbread_fanylion
    Free Member

I’ve got a Force chainset on my road bike – it’s done the job just nicely. Seems nice and stiff and not too heavy.

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks. Seems Rival is the same weight and about £50 cheaper so I’ll probably go with that instead.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road chainset upgrade – Sram Force?’ is closed to new replies.