Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Road bwoys: Why are my schwalbe ones suddenly picking up loads of little bits ?
  • scaredypants

Have I worn down to some fragile inner layer – will I die in a gritty/jizzy fireball next time out ?

Wondering it they’re reaching the end of their useful life. Running tubeless and no visible leaks through the running surface. No carcass on show, assuming it looks something like a normal one.

igm

If you ride fast enough you get the tyre temperatures into the design operating range and the tread becomes slightly sticky.
    It’s worth 5 seconds a lap at Silverstone.

scaredypants

hmmmm, I did get up above 15 at some points

igm

mph or kph?

mph is getting serious

scaredypants

surely, us roadies use Km don’t we ?

igm

Rule #24 – but of course.

At that speed probably just glue on the tyres.

Have you been riding near arts and crafts shops?

And km please not Km (which would be Kelvin-metres) – honest typo caused by tablet?

scaredypants

I have a feeling that 15K may be the temperature I got the rubber up to
    (honest typo caused by lack of knowledge, or at least of thought)

re craft shops – well, yeah, UHU is way cheaper than EPO

StefMcDef
    Free Member

Have just ordered a set of these as my old Ultremo DDs – sounds more like a bra than a tyre – are on the way out. Are they any good?

scaredypants

tyres are great IMO – nicest tubeless tyres I’ve used by a stretch

They’re comfy, grippy, supposedly quite “fast” too though I’m no judge of that

longevity? depends on what happens now. Mine have done 1,500 fairly flinty/gritty/potholey miles, hoping for a bit more than that but it’s not awful – is it ?

domderbyshire
    Free Member

I’m about to go tubeless with these tyres, too. Not that there’s much choice out there. Having seen the advantages of tubeless on the MTB, it seems daft not to go the same way on the road bike. Found the Schwalbes cheap at bike-discount.de

boblo
    Free Member

1500 miles? Bolleaux! I get 2500-3000 miles out if a rear Ultremo :-/

scaredypants

well, 1500 is what they’re on now. As said, other than seeming to pick up loads of bits, there’s very little obvious sign of being near to worn out

boblo
    Free Member

Phew, thank fark for that… 🙂 ‘Progress’ is good but these buggers wearing out twice as quickly is not.

Good news? My rear Ultremo is down to the chords now so time to try a One. Mine are tubed but they’re supposed to be the dogs danglies 😀

scaredypants

went out today (on some much nicer roads, I admit) – no pickyuppy shizzle going on at all so we’re back in the game for now

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Road bwoys: Why are my schwalbe ones suddenly picking up loads of little bits ?’ is closed to new replies.