Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road builders rant
  • anagallis_arvensis

Why in gods name do they think its a good idea to put raised up stone sections on junctions? Cost me a new clutch lever, not to mention dented pride, luckily I get to school much earlier than the kids so there were no witnesses, now that would have been embarassing.

Pook

aren’t they generally called pavements?

😉

MrNutt
    Free Member

I had a dream that I was removing brussel sprouts which appeared to be growing through a nicely tarmaced road surface, I then had to dig it all up ad re-lay it on a hardcore base. After a lot of hard work it was eventually finished and then whilst taking tea with the owners of the estate did they announce that they wouldn’t be giving me tickets to the lavish party that they were throwing because, well, they didn’t have any left. Needless to say I awoke this morning a little disheartened,

iain1775
    Free Member

Raised kerbs near a school?
    Could it be to deter all the Chelsea Tractors?

anagallis_arvensis

not kerbs just instead of putting aspeed bump in they put in stone sections across the junction I can only assume because they look nice, despite being much more slippy, role on council cuts.

mikey74
    Free Member

I’m guessing it’s to make people slow down when approaching junctions.

Often they are coated with anti-skid coatings to assist emergency braking.

anagallis_arvensis

the hump is to slow people down and is a good thing the stones they have used however make it more slippy. If it had been anti skid stuff I wouldnt have dropped the bike.

Onzadog
    Free Member

At the risk of causing offence or denting your pride, if you consider the cause to be something other than the stones, perhaps something closer to home, you might save yourself the price of a few cluth levers over the years.

Were you braking, steering or accelerating on the questionable surface?

anagallis_arvensis

oh it was my fault plain and simple but building a road with a surface that ice’s over and is much slippier than the rest of the road seems fairly short sighted to me. I was pulling away from the junction, having slipped it into first and been at walking pace as a car went past. It was a bit squeaky bum time on the way home, trying to be smooth on the clutch with half the lever missing!!

Were you braking, steering or accelerating on the questionable surface?

key point is its on the junctions so you have to do all those things!

it was here if this works

Still, the head was late today as he stuffed his car into a hedge!!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road builders rant’ is closed to new replies.