Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Road bottom bracket help – swap from shimano 24mm to FSA 30mm chainset
  • ed34
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting an FSA powerbox chainset as this (£566) seems a reaonable price for left + right power.

I’ve currently got a shimano external threaded BB (BSA thread) and an ultegra chainset with 24mm axle

The FSA one is 30mm so i guess i need a BB that is BSA threaded and will take 30mm axle?

FSA website says their Mega Evo BB is 30mm BSA, but i’ve had FSA ones before on other bikes and they didnt seem to last very long, this was years ago though so are FSA any better now?

If not are there other bottom brackets i can use , eg do hope make one?

Apologies, am competely out of touch with all the new standards!

collie
    Free Member

My PX bike came with a Mega Evo and its been fine for 3 years and over 5000 miles (summer bike). I got a spare from PX for about £15 that’s sitting in a drawer waiting for the old one to wear out

ed34
    Free Member

Thanks!

Does the mega evo use the same tool as shimano ones, I’m guessing not, but they all look similar from pictures on the Web!

dovebiker

BSA30 BBs also available from Hope, Rotor and Raceface amongst others – I’d avoid the latter.

collie
    Free Member

Yes, a different tool is required… Park BBT-29 would do it.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Road bottom bracket help – swap from shimano 24mm to FSA 30mm chainset’ is closed to new replies.