Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)
  • Road biking for fun – not commuting or training
  • njee20
    Free Member

why do you need to look like a giant clingfilmed-sausage?

I think enough people have seen enough cyclists that a person in lycra on a bike now just looks like a cyclist.[/quote]

I’d go further than that – the public think cyclists look **** stupid, baggies don’t suddenly make you look ‘normal’ in the eyes of non-cyclists. It’s just insecure mountain bikers who feel the need for baggies.

hora
    Free Member

I don’t care what a bloke sat in a Vauxhall Vectra thinks one bit.

jonba- but you are at the serious end of a particular hobby. You probably podium in amateur races hence the hardwork whereas for people like us its cross-training. If I go to the swimming pool its to knock out a fair few lengths to aid other sports/fitness/health/relaxation. You are comparing baggies etc/your situation to me diving in and nailing the lengths in my pool.

Gary_M
    Free Member

A wee trip to Ayrshire then scotroutes. Just hope you pronounced Moscow correctly.

njee20
    Free Member

jonba- but you are at the serious end of a particular hobby. You probably podium in amateur races hence the hardwork whereas for people like us its cross-training. If I go to the swimming pool its to knock out a fair few lengths to aid other sports/fitness/health/relaxation. You are comparing baggies etc/your situation to me diving in and nailing the lengths in my pool.

WTF?

Are you saying you wear board shorts when you go and do a few lengths then? Not sure of your point.

chakaping
    Free Member

WTF?

This whole thread has gone a bit WTF!

njee20
    Free Member

This whole thread has goneHora’s posts are all a bit WTF!

FTFY

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hora’s posts are all a bit WTF!

Very, but amusing all the same.

Gary_M
    Free Member

You probably podium in amateur races hence the hardwork whereas for people like us its cross-training

People like us? Do you mean people like you?

hora
    Free Member

I think you’ve selectively (mixed a) context there.

mrblobby
    Free Member

Hora, can we please have some more of your insights on road biking? I really don’t want this thread to die 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 81 through 90 (of 90 total)

The topic ‘Road biking for fun – not commuting or training’ is closed to new replies.