Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)
  • Road bikes with taller front ends??
  • renton
    Free Member

Thanks for all the replies.

Im moving back down to the Wallingford/Benson/Didcot are on return from the Falklands so is there a bike fitting place around that area people can recommend?

Would a Cx bike be any good as Ive seen a good deal on a used Orange rx9

TiRed

I used the drops before I raced 😉 . When I set up riders, they are normally surprised that the drops can be so comfortable. Its all about reach and drop (or stack if you like). I see too many riders with arms outstretched when on the hoods, no bend in their elbows and no prospect of using the drops come a headwind or technical descent. I also think that braking power and modulation are compromised from the hoods and hence the love of disk brakes 😉

And renton, I’d wait till you get back and try a bike for size. A CX bike might be what you want but all bikes have compromises. This is as true on road as it is off road.

13thfloormonk

Hmm, just had a look at the Giant Anyroad Comax. Still trying to get my head around the looks but for an upright versatile road bike it might be just the thing!

13thfloormonk

Definitely shorter than the Diverge with the same (high) stack. 380mm reach with 624mm stack.

Shame it doesn’t come in a higher end model, kind of heavy in the base spec (10kg). Guess you could save a little bit switching to hydraulic discs, ditching the bar top levers, swapping the stock tyres…

wilburt
    Free Member

Didnt they used to call those “revolts” ?

13thfloormonk

Yeah, still do, they just change the name for the crabon model.

TiRed

I’m the biggest Giant fanboi on the forum, but that looks awful to me. Suffice to say I’m sure it will ride beautifully and certainly meets a need. Built for mtb-ers, who are used to curvy-tubed frames, i’d say.

RustySpanner

Revolt and Anyroad are different bikes.

The Revolt is slightly lower at the front and gives a flatter backed position than the Anyroad.

I test rode a Revolt recently and was well impressed.
    Very comfy, fun to ride, just a bit odd looking.

anagallis_arvensis

Im moving back down to the Wallingford/Benson/Didcot

Pankhust cycles in Pangbourne.

Viewing 9 posts - 41 through 49 (of 49 total)

The topic ‘Road bikes with taller front ends??’ is closed to new replies.