Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Road: Bikes with shorter top tube..
  • sweaman2
    Free Member

So I am looking for a new road bike. Just for leisure but a fairly serious leisure.

I am 6ft tall but with a 35″ inside leg so my torso is short. So I am looking for suggestions for bikes that have a shorter tope tube. For comparison my mountain bike is a mojo SL.

I’ve seen the Focus Izalco ergo ride but looking for other suggestions.

WSD would work if it is large enough….

MrSmith
    Free Member

Colnago.?

cynic-al
    Free Member

I’m similar proportions, normal bike is fine, your long arms make up for it. Shorter stem if nec.

TiRed

Try a M/L Giant Defy. Or if you want much shorter, a Medium. You’re too big for most WSD but a lot of sportive bikes have slightly shorter top tubes and longer head tubes.

turbo1397
    Free Member

have pretty similar stats.. 6 2″, 35 inseam, short torso and long arms. ive just opted for a large defy composite.. bang on for me.. 😀

simondbarnes

Trek Domane uses their WSD geometry

lilchris
    Free Member

6’1″ 35″ here. And another with a Defy M/L.

ir_bandito
    Free Member

I’m 6’1″ or so with 34″ legs, so not quite as out of proportion as you. Presently have a 54cm Ribble with a fair amount of seat-post and headset spacers showing. Getting a custom frame made this year though, around 58cm-seat tube and 55cm top-tube ish…

joeegg
    Free Member

Some of the Cubes have short top tubes.

I normally ride a 54 but looking at the Cube sizing to get the similar top tube length i had to go for a 58.Friend has just bought a carbon framed Cube and again had to go for the 58 instead of his normal sizing of a 54 or 56.

HTTP404
    Free Member

Scott road bikes have a shorter top tube and more upright ride.
    I think the CR1s and Speedsters have same geomtery.

http://www.epic-cycles.co.uk/images/Scott-Speedster-geometry.jpg

Raymond

I have the same dimensions as you and have ended up going the custom route. I couldn’t find many bikes with a short enough TT and long HT. Specilized Roubaix is close but stil not great. I’ve just ordered a Burls Ti – around £1000 for a frame.

sweaman2
    Free Member

Thanks all – some good suggestions to pursue….

dantsw13

I wanted a more relaxed bike. Larger sized bikes tend to have a longer head tube making the riding position more upright, so I went for a L with a shorter stem, and it works nicely.

I went for a Planet X RT-57 Carbon SRAM Rival for £999!!

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

I went for a L with a shorter stem, and it works nicely.

But does it ride ok?

I had a short stem on an old 2nd hand road bike and it did ride a bit funny.

dantsw13

Yes, absolutely fine. Im not talking silly short, but 90mm instead of 110, adjusting for the 20mm TT difference between the 2.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Road: Bikes with shorter top tube..’ is closed to new replies.