Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Road bikes with long head tubes
  • stick_man

Went for a bike fit at Kinetic-One last week and it seems I have rather long legs for my height (6' 3"). Apparently this means I'll be better off with a road bike with a long head tube like the Specialized and Treks, rather than a nice racy looking one.

So what do you reckon, do I suffer a bit of backache and get something that looks nice or go for one of those wierd looking bikes with a gigantic HT? Are there any other makes of road bike with a long HT that look fairly normal?

Thanks.

wwaswas

If you go for somethign with a more traditional level top-tube it won't look like the head tube's too tall. Maybe somethign lovely in steel?

mtbtomo
    Free Member

I had a Giant with a short head tube and very deep drops. At the same time it felt too stretched and long. It was horrible and I didn't enjoy riding it and in the end sold it.

Got a Trek now, a size up, longer head tube and it fits better all round. Comfier and compared to the cross bike its not that upright even then. Getting a good fit on a road bike is probably more important than an mtb, because you spend so much time in the same position.

I don't notice it being particularly upright and I do actually want to go riding on this one!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Road bikes with long head tubes’ is closed to new replies.