Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • road bikes that can have mudguards? (not clip on one's)
  • jacob46
    Free Member

I’m looking out for a winter bike.

I thought the giant defy could have mudguards fitted but I’ve just looked again and they must of changed it. Or is it only certain models? Confused.

I know all bikes can have them fast clip on mudguards that if you don’t put some heli tape on your lovely paint work it wears it away for you.
    I want proper road bike with proper mudguards.

Can the new specialized robaix Disc have mudguards? Maybe!

oldgit
    Free Member

Only alloy Defys.

jacob46
    Free Member

Thank you!

therevokid
    Free Member

you can also use the SKS Raceblade long guards on frames without the
    necessary eyelets (or clearance !!) … a bit more of a faff to fit/get
    wheels in and out but no need for heli tape 🙂

jacob46
    Free Member

Just looked at 2015 giant website. Can’t see which bikes will accept mudguards! None by look of it.

MoreCashThanDash

Picked up a 2014 Defy 1 with £300 off in the sales. Rides like a dream, as comfy as my carbon Roubaix. And takes the Giant mudguards. Which need adjusting today to stop tbe incessant rattling!

TurnerGuy
    Free Member

Obviously the Genesis Equilibrium, and I suppose the aluminum Aether that I don’t think they sell anymore.

Plus you can get a disc version of the Equilibrium, so mudguards and discs to not trash your rims.

lunge

In traditional “recommend what you own” style, Planet-X Kaffenback? Guard and rack mounts, disk brakes, perfect.

atlaz
    Free Member

I just got one of these for winter commuting. Once the proper bad weather starts I have full length guards ready to go on (able to take 32c tyres)

Oh yeah, Charge Plug 5

tomlevell
    aracer
    Free Member

I have a Ribble Audax/Winter training frame – bought as a frame only to bolt my bits on, but they do complete bikes:
    http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/pu/road-track-bike/ribble-winter-training-audax-bikes/specialedition/1rw

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘road bikes that can have mudguards? (not clip on one's)’ is closed to new replies.