Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)
  • Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?
  • lunge

Orbea post and bar (both OE, they will get changed soon) and Easton stem for me so I pass, sort of. However I have got Bontrager tape on which I am told is disgraceful.

andrewhowell
    Free Member

It is important because the riders feel comfortable with it.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

I dont have a seat post 🙁

whatnobeer
    Free Member

Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this thread needs more photos so we can judge how pretty everyones bikes are.

None of my finishing kit matches except the bar tape and the bars. Deda superzero black/white seatpost, white fsa stem, black Cinelli bars with white cinelli tape.

It’s comfy, and I think it looks good. As much as I’d love all matching kit, its really not important and I’ve never judged anyone else for having or not having matching finishing kit.

eyerideit
    Free Member

Easton bars, 3T stem and USE Alien seat post.

Is this why I never get waved at by ‘real’ roadies?

Shibboleth
    Free Member

whatnobeer – Member

Although beauty is in the eye of the beholder, this thread needs more photos so we can judge how pretty everyones bikes are.

Oh OK then… It’ll pain me forever that the post has a different coloured stripe to the stem/bars, but it came with the frame and is colour-matched… But it’s all 3T, it all fits and it all makes me happy 😀

whatnobeer
    Free Member

And I’ve realised if I’m going to make a request for photos, I should join in:

Shibboleth – Looks lovely.

Dales_rider
    Free Member

Too many rules broken with those two bikes to mention.

sputnik
    Free Member

Look stem and seat post, Easton bars.
    How many rules have I broken?

bol

Not sure whether I should admit to this, but following my post earlier, I’ve just ordered s-works bars and stem to match my seatpost. Got a very good deal though, as compensation for my forks being recalled. Feel a bit of a dick, as they won’t be any better or different from my current set up, but hey.

edhornby

Pro LT seatpost, Deda stem and Synros bars 😀 I am considering a ragley mountain bike saddle on it as well because they fit my ar$e perfectly – my bike is a right old cobble and nothing matches but it goes great

TiRed

I replaced the Easton stem on my tcr with a Ritchey of identical proportions, for no otherreason than it matched the aftermarket ergo bars. In my defense, it was only £10 in the bargain bucket. The ritchey FORKS, however may be an indulgence too far. And the Giant carbon post still matches the frame.

unovolo
    Free Member

Deda Stem,Bars and Forks,3t Carbon post and it all looks the Boll0ck5!!!

eshershore
    Free Member

Thomson Elite seatpost

Specialized stem

Specialized bars

might get round to switching the stem to Thomson or Easton, one day, if I can be bothered and have some spare money to waste…

stevewhyte
    Free Member

Ah didn’t realise we were showing off..

cynic-al
    Free Member

I struggle with long sentences but please PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE tell me this thread is a troll?

Viewing 16 posts - 41 through 56 (of 56 total)

The topic ‘Road bikes – how important to have matching bars, stem and seatpost?’ is closed to new replies.