Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Road bikes for tall people. 6ft 3inches to 6ft 6inches
  • jacob46
    Free Member

nemesis – Member
    How do you mean?

Can you find me your bike because I can’t!

jacob46
    Free Member

the hustler – Member

This is my 61cm Quintana roo split r, I’m 6’4 with a 34 inside leg and fits/rides great

Lovely bike mate! Where from please?

thehustler
    Free Member

quintana roo

looks like they have removed full road bike from their range as hey are mainly triathlon gear, shame as it really does ride nice

longmover
    Free Member

This is my 61 cm Allez, I have a 37 inside leg and arms like a gibbon.

andyl46
    Free Member

6 ft 5, XL giant defy advanced, back when they did them in XL. Blimmin lovely it is. And a quick google tells me they are doing them in XL again!(edit)

jacob46
    Free Member

http://www.aliexpress.com/store/409931

Too risky mate if you ask me. The first link says item no longer available. The second looks good but how can be so sure if it’s the right one for me.
    Cheers anyway.

TooTall
    Free Member

I won’t post a picture of my bike again, but it’s a good fit for me.

My point being that you shouldn’t get fixated on the idea of needing a huge frame. Try and see what works for you.

Most tall people have probably never ridden a bike that is actually too big for them, so most tall people don’t know what really fits them. They just go on what they can get and think it fits them. This thread is evidence. I thought my Scott Genius was an awesome bike and fitted well, until I got my OnOne Scandal and found out how much better a bike could be. My Turner Sultan was a further revelation.

The smaller frames and long stems and seatposts just add flex to your ride.

I’ve found I like the saddle far back so a bigger frame would have had that the same and I’d have had a different position along the bike

You need a bike with a different geometry then. You’re forcing that one to fit despite the geometry.

nemesis
    Free Member

Possibly not TooTall and we’ve had this discussion multiple times. I’m not saying that bigger sizes aren’t right, just that as with anyone regardless of size, assumption of sizing can lead to fit that isn’t the best for that person.

And don’t forget I’ve ridden a lot of different bikes some too big, some too small. The Bianchi is comfortably my favourite road bike to actually spend time on even if the geometry is supposedly ‘wrong’.

The smaller frames and long stems and seatposts just add flex to your ride.

Yes, in isolation but then the frame is smaller and without knowing the specifics of the tubes, etc it’s essentially a moot point IMO. Not to mention that some flex in the seatpost in particular may be a positive for comfort.

tarquin
    Free Member

I am 190cm.

I have an XL Giant defy which is a little big to be fair but it was v cheap.

Nice bike is a 58cm Cervelo R5 which feels wonderful!

hooli

jacob46 – Member
    hooli – Member
    I am 6 foot 5, 34 inside leg and ride a 61cm Specialized if it is any help
    How many inches of post do you have sticking out of frame?

At a guess, 5 inches? There is another couple of inches before the maximum height line on the post.

Toasty

How many inches of post do you have sticking out of frame?

Oof, this is all getting a bit personal.

jacob46
    Free Member

Think I mite end up with another specialized then. Shops 3 mile from where I live.
    Just wish the halfords cycle to work scheme was more than £1000. Oh well.

Viewing 13 posts - 41 through 53 (of 53 total)

The topic ‘Road bikes for tall people. 6ft 3inches to 6ft 6inches’ is closed to new replies.