Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road bike wheel – not central in frame
  • tinybits
    Free Member

It’s basically a few mm away from the none drive side, and under very high loads will rum a little. No spacers, and fits ‘cleanly’ into dropouts. It’s a second hand bike (boardman) which otherwise rides really well, I’m wondering what to look at as never had this before.
    Thanks

maximusmountain
    Free Member

Dish is out. Take it to a shop (is what id do) or try re-dish it yourself.

bob_summers

Tried the wheel in another frame? The dish might be out (ie you need to tighten the DS spokes and slacken the NDS spokes). Or the frame could be bent… is the wheel centred under the brake bridge?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Flip.it the other way round to see if the problem moves. If it does it’s the dish. I had this on.my bike the other month.

hartcliffeburner

Also check the springs on the quick release are oriented the right way, large diameter towards the outside facing the frame, small diameter closest to the hub.

hartcliffeburner

Also check the springs on the quick release are oriented the right way, large diameter towards the outside facing the frame, small diameter closest to the hub.

spicystealth
    Free Member

A friend did a bit of DIY on his cup and cone axle and put it back wrongly by putting both of the washers on the same side causing the wheel to be off centre by about 2/3mm

tinybits
    Free Member

Good pointers thank you.

I’ll put the bike up later to fiddle.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road bike wheel – not central in frame’ is closed to new replies.