Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Road bike virgin sizing question for a 6'2" er
  • RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

Hello

I’ve just been looking at the (old model) Decatholon B Twin Triban 3 I think it is (the red one with carbon forks and rave reviews).

Anyway the only size that’s available is 63cm which as doesn’t actually feel too bad height wise, just that I could do with an inch off the longest stem known to man.

What do the masses think in terms of having a 63cm bike at my height? Does is sound all wrong?

Advice much appreciated, thanks

MrSmith
    Free Member

Sounds ridiculous.
    I would get an experienced bike shop to confirm this and not rely on anecdotal Internet advice.

nickdavies

Depends on your other measurements, I’m sure others will know more than me as I’ve not long gone to the dark side, but I’m 6’2 and ride a 56. 63 sounds far too big to me!

H1ghland3r
    Free Member

6’4″ here and ride a 60cm. Without looking at geometry etc. I’d say it’s possibly on the large size..

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

It’s annoying as if it was a muntin bike I’d know straight away!

I’m just after a dirt cheap road bike and this ere Triban 3 is streets ahead of the nearest rival (Carrera TDF for £250 , in itself probably a bargain but nowhere near as nice as the Triban)

marvincooper

6’2″ here with 35″ inside leg, ride a 58. 63 would be huuuuuge!

ahwiles
    Free Member

6’1″ / 36″ leg / 60cm frame

fwiw…

IanW
    Free Member

Blazin-saddles
    Free Member

Sorry, it’s way too big. 58cm and 6’2 here too.

RopeyReignRider
    Free Member

BOOOOO

You’re all probably right though 🙁

Thanks , ’twere bargain of the century mind!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Road bike virgin sizing question for a 6'2" er’ is closed to new replies.