Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Road bike tyres
  • ceejay64
    Free Member

Hello, as a keen mountain biker i know what i like when it comes to tyres.
    I do have a road bike which i like to use sometimes, but i have’nt a clue what tyres i need to buy now that they need replacing.
    Any recommendations ?
    Many thanks
    Chris

mrblobby
    Free Member

What sort of riding? What’s important, speed, puncture protection, all weather?

General do it all STW recommendation is usually GP 4 seasons.

mtbtomo
    Free Member

Continental Gatorskins, GP 4 Seasons, or GP4000s are good choices of varying toughness/durability.

I’ve been pretty impressed with the Giant P-SL (?) tyres that came with my Giant and sometimes you can find these cheaply – less than a tenner each for kevlar bead.

tinribz
    Free Member

Mich Pro 4 Endurance, fast, light, long lasting, never had a puncture. Good price, whats not to like.

globalti
    Free Member

Yes, Michelin Pro 4, nice comfortable tyres and you’ll gt them for £22 if you shop around.

ahwiles
    Free Member

ceejay – what kind of use does the bike see?

if you’re a keen cafe racer, and are looking for something that’ll help you climb to the top 400 on your local strava hot-spot climb, then a skimpy light racing tyre at £40/each is the way to go.

or, if it’s an occasional pootle with your grandad to the pub for a pint while you watch some village cricket, then you’ll be better off with a heavy touring tyre.

ceejay64
    Free Member

Thanks for the replys, i do some local hilly loops with some flat sprints and fast downhills. i usually am racing against the devil called Strava 🙂

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Road bike tyres’ is closed to new replies.