Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Road bike suggestions
  • Mounty_73

I have been riding a Whyte Sussex for about 3 years now, but its always felt a bit harsh whilst out riding.

So looking at other road bikes, I have a budget of around £700 to £1000 max.

What should be on the list of bikes to look at?

Bez

Have you considered/tried larger tyres or a tweak of your riding position?

mboy
    Free Member

I have been riding a Whyte Sussex for about 3 years now, but its always felt a bit harsh whilst out riding.

Harshness from the Sussex comes from the alloy fork as opposed to a carbon one. I’ve spent a lot of time on a Dorset (same frame and wheels, but carbon fork and better groupset than the Sussex) and can confirm it’s probably one of the most comfortable road bikes on the market.

So looking at other road bikes, I have a budget of around £700 to £1000 max.

What are your priorities? Have you tried anything else so far?

mboy
    Free Member

EDIT: Double Post

Mounty_73

I do like my Whyte and it’s been a good bike.

I did have a quick ride on a mates bike with carbon forks and it felt very different.

May be I should just get some carbon forks for it as there isn’t really anything wrong’ with it.

I ride about twice a week and a long ride at the weekend, the body is getting older and feeling the bumps a bit more

whereisthurso
    Free Member

2017 Caad 12 with 105 groupset is something that has caught my eye at £1k recently but it depends on what sort of geometry your looking for and if you want discs.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Road bike suggestions’ is closed to new replies.