Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Road bike sizing help please?
  • jamesgarbett
    Free Member

Hi looking at a bike with 56cm effective top tube (58cm seat tube) – would this be too big for me at 6 feet tall?

nano
    Free Member

The 56cm length seems a bit short for a 58cm frame

I ride a 58 and i’m 6’4 (admittedly not as flexible as some). My road bike and cross bike both have 585mm virtual top tube lengths with 110mm stem fitted.

I wouldn’t suggest a 58 frame for a six footer unless extremely long in the leg (stands back and waits for the STW massive to disagree :wink:)

HTH

tinribz
    Free Member

Am six foot and I ride with ef TT of 56cm but most would say its on the small/low end for that height. But I’ve tried 58 and 57 too and find 56cm suits me. Depends on a lot of other body measurements besides height. And geometry to a degree.

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

What bike is it?

I am 6′, 33″ inseam and ride a Giant TCR with a 57cm ETT, but also a Cervelo with a 56.5cm ETT which is a tad more comfy if I am honest. I wouldn’t discount a 56, you could always fit a slightly longer stem if necessary.

Totally depends on the bike, your dimensions and your flexibility.

taxi25
    Free Member

I’m 6ft and ride a 58 canyon with a 56.6cm top tube and a 120mm stem. Its spot on for me but could easily go up or down a size without a problem.

IanW
    Free Member

I think the a frame described as a 58 is more likely now to refer to its top tube than seat tube and a 56 top tube and 58 seat tube is unusual geometry, I think?

What bike is it.

manoirdelourde
    Free Member

I would say that the 58 is about right unless you have odd body proportions, but you can’t beat actually trying the bike.

ElShalimo

james – YGM

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Road bike sizing help please?’ is closed to new replies.