Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • road bike routes lake annecy
  • karnali
    Free Member

As it says family holiday there last 2 weeks of August. Camping at the SW of the lake, other end to Annecy. Suggestions of 1-2 hour routes taking on a col or and longer 4-5 hour rides if possible. Hoping to get out early or late in the day. Also my son is keen to do an easy col, he’s 9 but can chug on for a good while from swim training so something with a shallow gradient if possible.

many thanks

jambalaya
    Free Member

There have been threads try fhe following in Google

site:singletrackworld.com “road bike annecy” or “road bike semnoz”

The TdF has been through fhere regularly (inc this year) and had a stage finish in Grand Bornand so lots of ideas there plus climb up Semnoz through the park.

Enjoy, its lovely there

dknwhy

I stayed at camping europa on the sw corner of the lake. From there you can ride the cycle track and do forclaz or semnoz.
    For the lad, leschaux to the nw of the campsite is perfect.

igm

For your 9 year old start with the flat ex-railway up to the ice cream shops of old Annecy

If he’s anything like our two he’ll thank you.

karnali
    Free Member

He’s quite keen ,just done 100 miles of the Hadrian’s cycle route over 3 days. Although lots of flat cycling along lake shore and ice creams will be done.

igm

That’s not bad.

We’re further up the lake about the same time, but our two (5&10) ain’t quite so keen on pedalling those sorts of distances. It’s the climbs that stop the older one. Downhill is another matter.

andyecc
    Free Member

Have stayed in that part of the lake a few times now – always at the Ferme de Seraz campsite.
    I took the roadbike this summer and did some great rides. My favourite is Col de la Forclaz which is great in either direction and can be done as a nice loop from Doussard. It’s a big climb but the views are awesome. I cycled up to watch the Tour which was just awesome.
    I also rode a fabulous loop over Col Lescheux – the plan was to include climbing Le Semnoz also but I took my 13 year old and he wasn’t up for the final big climb despite being very fit for his age (he’s a swimmer).
    The cycle path alongside the lake is fab for easier riding with the family but watch out for locals hammering along at full speed!
    It’s just about my favourite place in Europe. Have fun!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘road bike routes lake annecy’ is closed to new replies.