Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Road bike mudguards
  • diz

Afternoon all, can anyone recommend a set of full mudguards for 700c wheels that don’t rattle shake and generally drive you mad.

Thanks
    Diz

brooess
    Free Member

SKS Chromoplastics. May be worth getting the LBS to fit them though. I have 2 pairs, 2+years old and have very little problem with them

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Does your bike have clearance for “proper” mudguards and does the frame and fork have the eyelets to take them.? As above the SKS’s when fitted correctly are outstanding.

diz

Bike has loads of clearance, no eyelets but I have axiom axle runners to allow the stays to fit.

tomaso
    Free Member

Sks chromoplastics fitted here and rattle free. I went for long boards which are as the name suggests longer and my feet and Shins are much drier.

lunge

SKS Chromoplastics

Yep, these.

jamiep
    Free Member

Chromoplastics or axiom trekk from Triton

firestarter
    Free Member

Pdw are the business

mrblobby
    Free Member

Chromoplastics! Though tortec do ones that are exactly the same and have a nice reflective strip on them. Not a hint of rattle from mine. Really solid.

I’d be tempted to try the PDW ones next though as they look nice and the fitting looks a bit less fiddly too.

TimCotic
    Free Member

Raceblade XLs seem good so far. Just make sure the little screws are fitted once correctly set. If you foreget, the fenders start slipping through the support bits – and after a few miles they rub. Once that was done properly everything has been fine. They are VERY easy to remove and replace.

piedidiformaggio
    Free Member

PDWs are the only mudguards I’ve ever had than once on, stay where you put them. They also look like they’ll last forever

shermer75
    Free Member

I’ve got the Tortec ones and had the SKS chromoplastics, as above they identical except for the reflective strip, both super solid and I think look the business.

diz

Thank you axiom ones ordered as if they are designed to work alongside the qr tabs then hopefully they will be the best option (fingers crossed)

TiRed

Snapped two rear chromoplastics at the rear brake bridge. My Tortecs, by contrast, have not given up. They are mounted using the old SKS fittings, which really are excellent.

SKS also do cheaper “commuter” mudguards with less fancy fittings.

prawny

Chromoplastics are good, no rattles or anything, but I have heard tales of them snapping. Mine are all good so far.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Road bike mudguards’ is closed to new replies.