• This topic has 7 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by ton.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Road bike & mtb tyres Yorkshire
  • shaungero
    Free Member

I moving to the uk from Australia with the misses in late December I’m bringing my road bike with me and im buying a mtb over here ( what is the rose hard tail bike like? ). I would like a good recommendation for tyres for both bikes for these conditions. I’m in the Yorkshire area. thanks.

bspoked
    Free Member

Our roads are in terrible condition after years of underinvestment and people creating “pot holes”. Literally people digging up the road surface and taking it home to make plates and dishes rather than buying new. I’d recommend 35mm knobblies.

For the mtb, it is common practice over here to buy a 24″ tyre and stretch it onto a 29″ rim. Less rubber being cheaper.

boxelder

Depends which bit of Yorkshire really for mtb.

rOcKeTdOg

and HT or FS? 😉

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Which bit of Yorkshire? It’s quite big thats all, nearly as big as Queensland in fact.

shaungero
    Free Member

Haha yeah good call. I’ll be living in queensbury so around there and Halifax area for road bike and if there are tracks close for the mtb that will be the same.
    Cheers

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

Oh dear, Queensbury’s a bit grim, on a couple of levels.

ton

queensbury has some fantastic riding on the door step, both on and offroad.

rosebikes are fantastic vfm, but they are probably not liked on here because they are not a very fashionable brand.

good tyres, for the road, vittoria cross £6.99 from planet x.
    mtd, maxxis minions are fantastic and very tough.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Road bike & mtb tyres Yorkshire’ is closed to new replies.