Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Road Bike Hire From Treviso Airport – Trying to shaft Ryanair
  • Lesanita2
    Free Member

£120 and rising to take a bike to the Dolomites for this year’s week away with my flatbacking-darkside friends. I’m looking for at least 5 carbon/ultegra/105 bikes.

We’re away for a week in july.

Any recommendations for hire companies?

scuttler

Nominate someone to drive there. Everyone loves a road trip with a decent mix tape.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

£120 and rising to take a bike to the Dolomites for this year’s week away

Is that because the flight is a silly cheap price and includes nothing? Whats the total price of the ticket with normal luggage? Or does a proper airline fly there?

bluebird
    Free Member

I can’t see you hiring a good quality bike for a week for less than that – http://www.breakoutsport.it/en/s_bike.asp?c=1

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Bluebird – thanks – I’ll try that.

Others – Ryanair fly there and it is convenient for riding the second half of the dolomite raid. £100 without bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

If that is 220 return sounds like a great price really. Especially to have your own bike etc.

slowpuncheur
    Free Member

However, when you factor in the of your bike being ‘handled’ airside, possible bikebox hire and the general hassle, I can see the appeal of hiring.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

Bluebird – thanks – I’ll try that. Factor in also….transport to/from airport. Disassemble/Pack/unpack/Reassemble/Wear and tear/Disassemble/Pack/unpack/Reassemble. Risk of damage during transport. Some folk don’t have good bikes.

Others – Ryanair fly there and it is convenient for riding the second half of the dolomite raid. £100 without bike.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

yeah if you own a decent bike bag it’s very little hassle/expense really.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

…. and you’re not giving money to Ryanair

mikewsmith
    Free Member

we have a similar airline here in Oz, the quickest way to avoid giving them money is to use another one… You are already giving them money, it’s less than other people charge because they cut out all the things you want. I bet they don’t even have a lounge

tonyg2003

Hi. Maybe contact Pinarello in Trevino?

Lesanita2
    Free Member

mikewsmith – you’re right if you have a £300 box, and a £3000 bike and you see packing bikes as therapy. The 190 euro is £164 and some folk don’t have decent bikes. All don’t have decent bike bags. We’ve all got the bags rather than the boxes. Mine still bears the scars that I observed from the plane window as a baggage handler dragged my bag across the tarmac. Easyjet wouldn’t pay-out. I couldn’t get camera out fast enough. Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

Lesanita2
    Free Member

tonyg2003 – is Pinarrello famous in Treviso. Just googling the shop now.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

you’re right if you have a £300 box, and a £3000 bike and you see packing bikes as therapy. The 190 euro is £164 and some folk don’t have decent bikes.

Fair enough, these days it’s a more frequent thing for me, the evoc has been the best investment I’ve made.

As for Pinarello
    http://www.pinarello.com/en/bike-2016/city/treviso

TREVISO IS THE NAME OF OUR CITY, WHERE WE WERE STARTED AND WHERE WE STILL BASE OUR COMPANY.

Just invest in a white van and some team sky kit and say you are there to collect the bikes.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Road Bike Hire From Treviso Airport – Trying to shaft Ryanair’ is closed to new replies.