Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Road bike frame size?
  • mickasaki
    Free Member

Hi, what size road frame would be best suited for me? I usualy ride a 17.5/18″ hardtail and not realy sure what size i should be looking for! I dont want to end up being one of them people, who get told by a dealer that the last bike in stock just so happens to be… just your size, that was lucky! (we’ve all seen them!!)

JoB
    Free Member

go to a reputable road bike dealer and sit on a few bikes and ask for advice, each manufacturer will have different length top-tubes (the important measurement) and geometries for a similar size (much like mountainbikes) so you need to find the one that fits **you**, asking what size road bike you should buy because you ride a certain size mtb (especially over the internet) is as much use as asking what size shoes you should buy if you’re 5′ 10″

therevokid
    Free Member

As JoB says get in to the shop and try a few.

I ride a 48cm roadie, but Evans’ sizing table says I should be
    on a 54-55cm thing which would be sooooooooooooo long in the top
    tube for me I’d need arm extensions to reach the hoods !

MrSmith
    Free Member

size charts can only be a guide and are no substitute for being fitted properly in a shop. the evens chart recommends i ride a 58-59-60. i ride a 55 with 110 stem and was fitted properly in a shop (this is for fixed my road bike is a 56.5 with 110)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Road bike frame size?’ is closed to new replies.