• This topic has 13 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by kcal.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Road bike for around £400?
  • sc-xc

The dad of one of my lad’s mates has asked for some advice…he wants a road bike.

I’m a little bit out of the loop, last time I heard it was Decathlon. Anything else out there (has to be new) for about £400?

somouk
    Free Member

Decathlon will probably be your best bet. There is one for sale in the classifieds at the moment I think that may be worth a look?

donald
    Free Member

Try second-hand maybe? Used road bikes can be good value.

soma_rich
    Free Member

My Triban 5 from 3 years ago is still going strong, i’m amazed by the value!
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/triban-500-se-road-bike-black-id_8306187.html

sc-xc

Thanks, I’ll try and steer him towards second hand. Which one in the classifieds?

sc-xc

Thanks Rich, just sent him that link…looks great

carlos
    Free Member

The brother in Law is selling a TREK 1.5c 56cm in perfect condition, ridden maybe 6 times with only 200 miles covered!!!
    £425 ono

He’s a clean freak so it will be spotless.

Let me know if you want pics or more info (email in profile) and I’ll get him to send some over

Carlos

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I was about to suggest a trek 1.5.

Depends what the priority is, “new because it’s a present” or “best for £400 to join the local club”.

I was about to suggest a Trek 1.5, check ebay and see what they’re worth (and depends how tall he is).

backmarker
    Free Member

I’ve just bought a triban 500 from decathlon last month and it rides beautifully on offer when I bought it for £299 can’t go wrong!

brant
    Free Member
    YoGrant
    Free Member

paulscycles.co.uk for discounted cannondales

onandon
    Free Member

The mango bikes are getting great reviews for the money.

MoreCashThanDash

road.cc regularly do cheap bike group tests. A search should produce the last one.

kcal

Try second-hand maybe? Used road bikes can be good value.

They can be fantastic value 🙂 may need some refurbishment but basically still a frame with two wheels 🙂

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Road bike for around £400?’ is closed to new replies.