Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Road bike – Fit required?
  • variflex
    Free Member

Evening All,
    Well, 2 months into this road riding lark and I did a 60mile sportive today. Reasonable time of 4:15 including food stop, especially with all the climbs (1,450m).

Everything was good (legs, lungs etc) but half way through my right shoulder just above the shoulder blade started to hurt (dull muscle pain like) and then by the end it felt like I had an iron bar sitting across the width of my back just above blades pushing down.

Several hours after the finish and shoulders now feel ok.

Could this be a position issue, hence get a decent bike fit?

Rgds
    J

theboatman
    Free Member

Congrats on your time.

If this is the first time you have noticed the pain over this distance, would i be right in guessing you don’t ride 100km that often? If so, and the bike is comfy on your normal rides, i just be tempted to ride this distance a few more times and see how you get on before cashing out on a bike fit.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Sounds like you might be nodding your head when riding hard up the hills?

scotroutes

I have a hologram wristband here that will work just as well.

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks, Ive noticed the pain in the right shoulder over 30km and put it down to resting too hard on the bars. Up until today Ive completed regular 30,40km rides and one 60km, but first 100km today. Im starting to think it may be something else as today I actively tried to use my core more and not lean on the bars too much..

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you fee like you’ve got to much weight on your hands then move your saddle back (and possibly down) a bit.

Rochey
    Free Member

variflex, where are you based s I maybe able to help??

variflex
    Free Member

If you fee like you’ve got to much weight on your hands then move your saddle back (and possibly down) a bit.

Possibly, but I think if anything I have the seat a bit too far back as today I constantly felt like I was riding on the nose of it and moving back. Interesting about dropping saddle a bit.

Rochey – Haslemere, Surrey, not sure if that helps.

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

If you were riding on the nose of the saddle then it could be too high, or your reach to the bars is too far.

I’d say its worth having a play about with your setup.,

Rochey
    Free Member

Bit to far from Milton Keynes in think, I was going to suggest a bike fit.

Does your LBS offer this service???

variflex
    Free Member

Thanks everyone,
    Agree definitely worth me having a play with the setup.
    LBS are very good as many of them race and at a good level so will pop in and see what they reckon.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Road bike – Fit required?’ is closed to new replies.