Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Road bike
  • bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Well I’m currently 100 miles in on my new Road bike. Enjoying it a lot but still a bit wobbly setting off. Currently have the standard pedals you strap your foot in with. Now I don’t like them one bit. But I’m not confident enough for spd pedals yet so looking for some budget flat pedals.

Any suggestions?

Also any suggestions for a carbon fork and good all round tyres?

Bike is BTWIN Triban 300

monkeyfudger
    Free Member

I can understand confidence issues off road but on the road, really? Just accept you might forget to unclip one time, bet you don’t do it again!

taxi25
    Free Member

Not sure why’d you be overly wobbly starting of on a road bike, how are you on a mtb? Can you not remove the cages and straps from your existing pedals, youd be left with a basic flat pedal then. Not sure id bother changing the fork on the Btwin but some Continental Gp4000s will work wonders.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

Just get some spds wind the tensions n off and get used to them in the living room. Simples.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Only wobbly due to the straps on the pedals.

chunkymonkey
    Free Member

I’ve got a pair of Shimano A530’s on my new road bike until I get used to SPD’s. Flat on one side, SPD on the other, under thirty quid from CRC.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have CMT, the resulting deformed feet and associated shoe issues & even I can deal with SPD’s on the mtb’s & SPD-SL’s on my road bike, its not difficult!

tomhoward

It’s loads easier to unclip out of spds than get your feet out of a clip and strap ensemble, in fact it’s become such second nature to me, I even twist my feet when taking my foot off a normal flat pedal. All it takes is 10 mins of practice while propped up against a wall or fence.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I have a a set of look delta pedals with cleats you can have for nowt if you want them, you’d need road shoes to match

And I’m only on Hindley if you want to pick them up (btw your username really does offend me)

Email in profile if you want them

simmy
    Free Member

Do those toe clips not unbolt ?

On my Triban they do but mines the older version.

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Just bought some BTWIN 300 shoes today. Are these compatible with any spd pedals?

legend
    Free Member

Yes, they’ll take any normal MTB cleat going from Decathlon’s description

bwfc4eva868
    Free Member

Any recommended ones then on a budget?

spud-face

Had a quick google for those M520 pedals, and Evans have got them for £15.45 (£17.44 with delivery, admittedly) – or a tesco-voucher-multiplier-tastic £7.95 £9.94! (double check my maths, I are dunce)

Suggsey
    Free Member

Always remember to fall off towards the kerb is my only piece of advice in this matter!

spud-face

Your Order
    Shimano M520 SPD Pedals (OE)
    Silver £15.45
    Subtotal: £15.45
    Gift Amount: [x] -£15.00
    Donation – Thank you: £0.55
    Delivery: £0.00
    Total (Inc VAT): £1.00
    Savings total: £11.54

(yay!)

So, any recommendations on cheapy shoes? (sorry to hijack the thread bwfc)

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘Road bike’ is closed to new replies.