Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • RMaps – Android Help
  • ShaunW1973
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can find some instructions for Rmaps? I’m specifically looking at how to import maps to is. Ta

sonik
    Free Member

not sure about rmaps mate, but have you had a look at alpinequest?
    off-line os maps!!

beamers

I too am trying to work out how to get OS maps onto RMaps

Managed it with AlpineQuest but I can’t get RMaps to recognise the maps despite putting them in the correct folder on the phone’s SD card.

I think the record track functionality of RMaps might be slightly better than that of AlpineQuest. I’d like to give it a try at least.

fbk
    Free Member

If you download Mobile Atlas Creator on the PC that has all you need to create and export maps to Rmaps, with instructions in the help file too.

HTH

beamers

If you download Mobile Atlas Creator on the PC that has all you need to create and export maps to Rmaps, with instructions in the help file too.

Done that – maps not showing up.

sonik
    Free Member

i’ve had no trouble whatsoever with alpinequest, apart from not being able to get the full version for my htc tattoo due to screen size restrictions. but after emailing the developer and pointing this out, they’re getting it sorted. can’t fault them at all-very helpfull chaps and app!

fbk
    Free Member

Beamers – not sure why yours isn’t working, assuming you set up the profile correctly in mobile atlas – installed the SQLite jar files and save the maps as an RMapsSQLite format?

It all seemed pretty straight forward when I tried it last.

beamers

installed the SQLite jar files and save the maps as an RMapsSQLite format?

Ah hah, that’ll be the problem.

Should have read the help file.

beamers

Okay, just installed the files mentioned above.

Still not working.

I can’t see anywhere on Mobile Atlas Creator that allows me to change the output format of the maps. The help file says its on the left hand side of the screen. Can’t see it on mine.

fbk
    Free Member

Yep – that’s it. One of the options along the left hand panel – under “Atlas Settings”, there’s a drop down box with “Format” by it. You should be able to select RMapsSQLite

beamers

Something is amiss here as I do not have the Atlas setting box on the left hand side, as in this vid and I’m guessing on your screen as well fbk.

Have I messed up installing the files?

fbk
    Free Member

That’s odd.
    Might be worth downloading the latest version again and trying that – I don’t think you actually have to install anything in Windows do you – just run the exe file (you did extract all the files in the directory before running the program did you?)

beamers

Might be worth downloading the latest version again and trying that.

That fixed it.

Thanks for your help.

fbk
    Free Member

Nice one – glad it worked 🙂

ShaunW1973
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice. Went to Alpine, which was much easier.

motivforz
    Free Member

Where do you save the maps (sqlitedb file) to on the phone? in Rmaps folder im guessing, but does it matter in particular?

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘RMaps – Android Help’ is closed to new replies.