• This topic has 8 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by km79.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • RLC Bomb disposal truck
  • Houns

Just spotted this on the BBC news site (Incident in Moss Side)

Anyone know what it says on the sign if you flip it up? “Toilet Unblocking”, “Pizza Delivery” or “Ice cream” for incidents where they need to be covert?

swdan
    Free Member

Being sensible, I guess it just covers up the RLC Bomb Disposal writing so it’s blank and does cause mass panic when they park up for lunch. Although I imagine the blue lights would come in handy delivering a 12″ meat feast

gobuchul
    Free Member

incidents where they need to be covert?

When are they covert?

RLC Bomb Disposal writing so it’s blank and does cause mass panic when they park up for lunch.

The RN Clearance Divers drive around in Land Rovers with “RN Bomb Disposal” all the time. They never cover it up. Even seen them parked up on a campsite drinking beers around the BBQ next to their vehicles. Didn’t see much panic.

Houns

swdan – Member
    Being sensible, I guess it just covers up the RLC Bomb Disposal writing so it’s blank and does cause mass panic when they park up for lunch. Although I imagine the blue lights would come in handy delivering a 12″ meat feast

They don’t knock, they just blow the rear doors in

wrecker
    Free Member

11 Regt RLC cover CT bomb disposal, and as such protect their identities as they do covert work. Some of those reported to be special forces in the papers were clearly from 11 Regt, Most had EOD flashes, and the short chap earring the ECM kit had ATO written all over him!
    RN clearance divers are a very different kettle of fish altogether. There is zero reason for them to be anonymous.

Bregante

durhambiker
    Free Member

And suddenly it looks nothing like an EOD truck. No sir. Not in the slightest.

Mikeypies
    Free Member

I know you want to know because you are curious but do you or we need to know ?.

km79
    Free Member

I know you want to know because you are curious but do you or we need to know ?.

Whether you or we need to know is on a need to know basis.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘RLC Bomb disposal truck’ is closed to new replies.