Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Rivvy DH trail flattened – any info?
  • chakaping
    Free Member

Anybody know what’s happened to Special K at Rivington? Was over there today and the jumps have been smashed down and some of the berms seem to have been damaged too.

Anyone know if United Utilities are having a clampdown?

Such a shame, it had obviously taken a lot of man hours.

philbert31
    Free Member

UU destroyed it a while ago, i think they’d been getting complaints off the MRAs. Hopefully something can be agreed with UU and get it rebuilt in the future.

chakaping
    Free Member

Must be quite recent. Was all intact a month or so ago.

What’s an MRA? Forgive my ignorance.

dannyh
    Free Member

Can I hazard a guess at ‘Miserable Rancorous Arseholes’?

Nightmare when stuff gets flattened due to narrow-mindedness.

xherbivorex
    Free Member

yeah it was posted on the FB page that UU wiped it out around a month or so ago now.

coolhandluke
    Free Member

Bell ends. (MRA’s)

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Im not familiar with ‘Special K’ – i may know it as something else! Where is (or was as the case may be) that?

philbert31
    Free Member

MRA = Militant Rambler Arseholes, the same ones that dismantle dry stone walls to build speed bumps across trails to protect them from us, not realising the irony.

WW, if you headed along the Belmont rd bridleway (to the right of the start of the ICR) away from the pigeon tower, part way down is the woods to the left, it was in there.

nick1962
    Free Member

Im not familiar with ‘Special K’

Not a clubber then 😉

PaulMc
    Free Member

It is more likely to have been flattened by UU because some prat has tried to claim compensation after coming off his bike on it or due to the fear that this will happen eventually, rather than complaints by ramblers.

wittonweavers
    Free Member

Not a clubber then

err no Nick, no need for artificial stimulants in my life! Apart from alcohol obviously, which goes without saying!

WW, if you headed along the Belmont rd bridleway (to the right of the start of the ICR) away from the pigeon tower, part way down is the woods to the left, it was in there.

So heading towards Belmont from the Pigeon Tower? I have ridden that road many times but never diverted off down the woods! Guess i have missed it now then! Cheers.

chakaping
    Free Member

due to the fear that this will happen

That was my first thought when I saw the big gap jump was gone too.

And I was just limbering up to hit it as well.

😉

Junkyard
    Free Member

I bet they just look on Strava for off piste trails and it was way to downhilly for my nerve or skills

Bustaspoke
    Free Member

I got shown that Special K run a few months ago & the top part is well concealed.I must admit if I hadn’t been shown where the top of it is I’d have rode straight past.

bluearsedfly
    Free Member

Must have ridden past it hundreds of times before someone told me it was there. There was a short vid on youtube of a few lads building there.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Rivvy DH trail flattened – any info?’ is closed to new replies.