Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rivington Pike- conditions?
  • hora
    Free Member

Off up there for a run soon. What to expect? Anyone rode there over the last day or two?

lowey

8" of pretty well compacted snow on the footpaths. Will have a substantial layer of ice on there now.

hora
    Free Member

Bugger. Guisburn will be covered as well wont it? 🙁

Vortexracing

about to pop up there tomorrow early doors, let us know what it was like Hora please.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

forget the belmont descent from the mast vortex, we did it a couple of weeks ago and it was terrible, full of deep ruts, its gona need some serious work for summer. white coppice was fine tho

lowey

Nah.. still go mate. It will be slippy but FUN!

hora
    Free Member

Here are the conditions…..LOVELY!

It was actually too warm on the top with the sun. I had to take my coat off. Roads = Icey. Trails = snowy but very grippy.

hora
    Free Member

Just to add- it was 4/5degrees I reckon on the tops and looking at the forecast it should warm up further over the next two days? In the bottom by the reservoir as confirmed by the car temp- it was -1degrees.

Vortexracing

cheers hora

hope it's like that in't mornin.

need to work my Chribo dinner and ale/wine/Whiskey off

Gary_C

I'm 'supposed' to be up Rivi with a few others tomorrow.

But we'll see..

JohnClimber
    Free Member

Our lot of breakaway Woollybacks's are meeting up at 10am at the bottom barn tomorrow if anyone's interested in tagging along.

trailmoggy
    Free Member

Hora…when you said run i thought you meant RUN, did'nt think you were cycling

medievalkneival
    Free Member

Rode Rivi last Sunday. The road beneath the Pike along past the dog kennels was a sheet of ice. Once we got eventually got along, went up onto the mast road then on to two lads, then down to the dog kennels (ace ride!). Then across the fields down on to the Rivi pathways, which were fine. We were planning to do either Horden stoops or San Merino, but thought better of it.

Not sure about Rivi this weekend. Delamere sounds like it might be a bit of a laugh.

GavinB

Was skiing up there today – lovely conditions! reckon it would have been cool to ride also, however it has been raining for the last 4 hours, so the temperature has definitely risen quite a bit.

Could be much slippier tomorrow.

samuri
    Free Member

forget the belmont descent from the mast vortex, we did it a couple of weeks ago and it was terrible, full of deep ruts, its gona need some serious work for summer.

So you'd not recommend doing it on a bike like this?

(That's half way down the belmont descent BTW) (That picture was taken…oooh, about three weeks ago)

trailmoggy
    Free Member

no i don't recomend the belmont…in fear of making it worse

trailmoggy
    Free Member

besides you can't of been going that qiuck if you've time to take a photo half way down 🙄

lowey

Didnt see one single application form to ride on my land from you lot. Bloody cheek!

You got the timing right for that ride Mark. Looks cracking.

Vortexracing

They all thought they could get away with it whilst you were lounging on the couch full of turkey and ale. 😆

got your mail by the way Dave, let me see what the Mrs has planned and i'll get back to you about Monday.

JohnClimber
    Free Member
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Pike- conditions?’ is closed to new replies.