Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Rivington Pike
  • dandan
    Free Member

Does anyone know what the conditions are like at Rivington, going in the morning.

Also would you take a full suss or a hardtail to rivi? I remember a certain down hill section being quite rocky but have only been once quite a while ago 🙂

Artillerydave
    Free Member

conditions are great was there yesterday snow has in the main all gone and trails are "interesting" bit boggy in parts, but Rivi always is. I'd take a full sus, but that's because I've only got a full sus.

dandan
    Free Member

cheers dave mate

wors

Also would you take a full suss or a hardtail to rivi?

nowt that can't be ridden on a hardtail.

dandan
    Free Member

maybe for an advanced rider wors??

Andyhilton
    Free Member

Nowt that can't be ridden on a rigid ss 69er 😉

Grimy
    Free Member

The ride up to the pike is fine, I was there yesterday morning, a little wet, but not very muddy. perfectly rideable.

We decided not to ride the loop around the lake though, as that ride usually includes a detour around the built trail in Healy Nab and that would have been very wet and muddy and I dare say would have erroded a lot of peoples hard work, so we're staying away till its had time to dry out a little, which seems only fair.

Instead we went up the road to the top of winter hill, with a few off road detours along the way, and aimed to cross the tops back to the pike. Unfortunatly the path back over the top was deep in snow and unrideable. Was good fun blasting back down the road at scarry speeds though!

Oh yea, bike choice…I used to ride all of it on a HT, but its a lot more enjoyable on my FS! Especially on the cobles, just so much easyer to climb, and a little faster back down, perticually on the ice cream run back to the upper carpark.

Junkyard
    Free Member

dandan – Member

you have never met wors then. 😉

Only the ice cream run justifies FS and that can be done on a hardtail by most riders dab free – avearge skill level IMHO – i have seen it cleared on spec in dark by a rigid rider.

muddyfoxcourier
    Free Member

Ice cream Run .Hahah .
    Kerching .
    I get a quid everytime it gets a mention.
    We found some snow . We went off the back of the pike , and then over /up to winter hill ,and then on the slabs to Walker fold etc.
    Bit muddy . But whatchagonnado?
    I went rigid .Oldschool . Was daylight though.
    Didnt do the Ice Cream Run .
    Oops . kerching

coolhandluke
    Free Member

More fun on a hard tail IMO., especially down the steps.

I enjoyed the ride off the Pike (the rocky one that scares some folk) so much I went back up and did it again! 😀

lowey

The only thing he is advanced at it falling off.

wors

The only thing he is advanced at it falling off.

I call it exceeding your limits.

Grimy
    Free Member

I enjoyed the ride off the Pike (the rocky one that scares some folk) so much I went back up and did it again!

The rock steps down from the pike dont really bother me, its the grassy bit below them in the wet that can get interesting! 😯 If it isnt your rear wheel overtaking you then its bound to be a long grass covered rabit hole that gives you a wakeup call. 😆

Did you ride the snow road across the top Muddyfox courier? We tested the snow on sunday and it was very crispy, unridable, and decided it would be a long boring push back across to the pike.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Rivington Pike’ is closed to new replies.