Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rivington or Darwen
  • crispo
    Free Member

Used to be up there weekly but heading back this evening after moving a little further away.

For anyone who has been up there which one is in better nick at the moment? Im predominantly thinking how is San Marino with the mixed bag of weather we have had and how is the top paths up on Darwen?

Or second thoughts how about rivington and then round to Healy Nab? Is that alright and how is the *ahem* path back along the edge of Anglezarke from the Watermans Cottage?

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

Its all in good nick, especially if its been dry (as it has).

San marino is quite cut up (IMO)but thats something thats been happening over last few months – always a blast though. The woods in brinscall are always good. Back of cricket ground at W Coppice. H Nab holding up well and goood for a few fastlaps at the end of a ride.

Cant knock the place. 🙂

crispo
    Free Member

What actually is there in the way of good stuff in Brinscall woods? I always used to follow the main path either that runs along the top and then comes down at the white coppice end of the woods. Is there some better more fun stuff up there?

binners

The moors are a bit boggy on top after the rain we’ve had last week, so Rivi gets the thumbs up over Darwen I’d say

San Marino is very cut up, now everything’s dried out. Which means its great fun. Watch the ruts on the middle section. They can catch you out

traildog
    Free Member

I would say San Marino is just about getting interesting again after being a boring full speed blast for many years. Rivington takes loads of rain and the weather hasn’t really been that bad. I was riding over Darwen on Sunday and that was fine, lots of surface water but drier ground than in winter.
    The nab purpose built trails are fine as well. Probably all bone dry tonight after todays tropical conditions.

crispo
    Free Member

Cheers Binners, a mess about at Rivvy then over the top to Belmont and back it is tongiht then! 😀

edit: thanks trail dog too, that was my thinking that I better go out and make the most of it tonight with todays weather before the rain comes in tonight!

wors

My fave track off Winter Hill at the moment is the “shoulder”, if you are facing San Marino, follow the road to the left. then follow all the way down to the access track at the bottom. Agree about San Marino being interesting now though.

jswan
    Free Member

Brinscall woods is a very fun way of heading to the cricket ground. Nice rooty track and very fast when pointing downwards. I usually then go into the field at the bottom and follow that path to the cricket ground instead of the flat path.

Margin-Walker
    Free Member

the descent through Brinscall is mint. Super slippy when wet. Perfect if heading from Tockholes to rivvy or can do a loop up towards great hill from cricket ground and back round.

…..and its just started to rain 🙁

trailmoggy
    Free Member

I”ll be up there Friday night and haven’t been in a while,

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rivington or Darwen’ is closed to new replies.