Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rivington – lost my rear light :(
  • Esme
    Free Member

I lost a rear light last night, coming down Roynton Lane (under the Seven Arch Bridge). If you find it, I’d be really pleased if you could hand it in at the Lower Barn Tearoom. In exchange, I’ll leave some cake tokens there for you.

Incidentally, last night was the 100th anniversary of Lord Leverhulme’s “Bungalow” getting torched by a suffragette, Edith Rigby. Apparently, she (and an accomplice) carried a keg of paraffin up the hillside from Rivington village, started several fires in the wooden building, then ran back to the waiting car.

The current remains are from the replacement stone Bungalow.

Edith was also the first woman cyclist in Preston, and as a teenager rode to Leicester and back 😯

binners

Every day’s a schoolday eh? I didn’t know any of that, and ride round Rivi all the time. Thanks for that Esme.

I hope you get your light back. I’ve lost track of the back lights I’ve lost. I did once find one on a Rivington night ride, still flashing away by the side of the trail, where it must have just fallen off someones bike

Junkyard
    Free Member

Loose about two a year up there will have a look Tuesday for it

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    TimCotic
    Free Member

My bruv and I will be visiting our buddy in Wigan and riding Rivington this coming Sat 13th. Apparently he’s been sussing out some more killer offroad for us. I’ll keep an eye out for your light as I LURVE CAKE! 😀

binners

Tim – You’ve got to get the San Marino descent in. Its the law!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4KEqItT8-7s&feature=c4-overview&playnext=1&list=TLWh6UBqFfXWQ[/video]

TimCotic
    Free Member

Great Video – looks Excellent. OS Grid Ref for San Marino Start?

Junkyard
    Free Member

see that big mast – ride up to it and keep going as it flattens out and you go past the mast look to yout right to the gate as the road goes to your left

http://www.streetmap.co.uk/map.srf?x=366320&y=414695&z=120&sv=366320,414695&st=4&ar=y&mapp=map.srf&searchp=ids.srf&dn=686&ax=366320&ay=414695&lm=0

badllama
    Free Member

San Marino, has become my bogie run at present ridden it twice in two months and came off HARD twice 😯

Still suffering from he last one just watch out for rocks the other side of the concrete gutters on the way down 😳

j5kol
    Free Member

I have only ever ridden up San Marino and rest assured it looks a lot better going down it then it is going up, it is a horrible climb. Still having nightmares about it 8 weeks on !!!!

Esme
    Free Member

The San Marino is all very well . . . but I think TimC will be more interested to know the location of Rivington Village Tearooms, and their delicious cakes 😉

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rivington – lost my rear light :(’ is closed to new replies.