Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Rivington
  • simonjf63
    Free Member

New to the area and looking for somewhere to ride (not been on the bike for a couple of months due to moving etc). Heard a lot about Rivington and thought I’d give it a blast this Sat morning – which way round is most fun – up through Wilderswood or down? And anywhere else anyone recommends? I’m based in Leyland at the moment.

wors

get there early to avoid the walkers, get to the top of winter hill and down the other side, cracking downhill. get yourself a map and do a bit of exploring. enjoy

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Have a search on ghere..

Someone posted a map of a decent route..

Lowery IIRC??

simonjf63
    Free Member

Thanks guys – thought I’d try and get there for around 8am (minimal impact from wife and child) and have a couple of hours’. Got a map from the woolybacks site but they don’t indicate best direction of travel. Suck it and see I guess

lowey

Some Routes here.

Have fun!

Junkyard
    Free Member

Will guide you round it if you want.. my e-mail in profile anytime over the next two weeks is fine as I am on holiday. Can do saturday if only a short ride (3 hours max) and my wife lets me.
    I am in Chorley

D0NK

wilderswood BW downhill is one of the best IMO (good for climbing too), others prefer winterhill down to belmont road which is fast but a bit straight for my liking. Theres the cheeky route from telephone masts on winterhill down to the old cobbled belmont road which will then take you to – The ice cream run, its a rock fest but good fun if your into that, make a sharp right when you get to the pigeon tower (or from the pike go down to and passed the pigeon tower, it descends to the top car park.) You can do routes over to lead mines clough, great hill, healey nabb darwen turton etc without much roadwork.

simonjf63
    Free Member

Thanks everyone for the info. Junkyard, sorry my Saturday ride has been vetoed due to the imminent return of my inlaws, but I’ll drop you an email as would be great to catch up with you for a ride.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ok no probs I ride there at least once a week…in laws returning surely a reason to go riding?

simonjf63
    Free Member

My sentiments exactly, however would then have to face the wrath of my wife so I’m complying. Discretion the better part of valour etc.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Rivington’ is closed to new replies.