• This topic has 17 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Riviera Bike Molini – Anyone just been?
  • Leku
    Free Member

I’m going next week with 2 mates and just wondered how conditions were?

Weather any good?
    Trails?
    Anything you wished you’d taken?

Bimbler
    Free Member

My family are Ligurian and I used to go there often when I was a nipper, my memories of September are mahooosive thunderstorms, interspersed with perfect riviera weather.

siaxminster
    Free Member

I’m there next week as well, having been for the last two years in September, weather has always been shirt and shorts….. No rain….. Fingers crossed!!
    Things to take…… elbow/forearm, knee/shin armour, very rocky, full face helmet is optional but certainly gives more confidence on some of the knarlier descents, dual ply tyres ESSENTIAL, spare brake pads.

Leku
    Free Member

Thanks Slax.

I’m there from the 17th.

I think it’s going to be rather more ‘grrr’ than I’m used to. (goes off to strap some on..)

siaxminster
    Free Member

Suck it up marine

You’ll love it.

duntstick
    Free Member
    downhilldave6
    Free Member

Hi Leku
    I mate of mine runs it Mark or Marco as they call him over there you’ll have a great time.
    He has a very good sense of humour tells some crazy stories, most of which are true. Ask him if he still plays with matches. I won’t tell you anymore it will spoil the story.
    What ever the weather I am sure you’ll really enjoy.

goodgrief
    Free Member

i’m going in 2 weeks so have been watching the weather with interest, currently 23-25 degrees, plenty of sunshine

molinifreeride
    Free Member

A couple of sniffs of Moretti Beer and my poor mate DownHillDave gets confused. I run Molini Freeride, which is the other company operating in Molini. Same weather though – most Septembers for the last 5 years I’ve been here have been dry with about 3 days of rain per month. It’s grape harvest time too, so don’t pick in the rain ‘cos it dilutes the wine. And no I don’t play with matches anymore….but regular day clients include the bike section from Imperia Vigile del Fuoco. 😈

juan
    Free Member

anychances any of you couple pic up a bike for me? In southampton. I’ll pay for extra fight coast and I’ll reward in chocolate

downhilldave6
    Free Member

Just found a recent video of the Molini Freeride. Looks like an awesome place can’t wait to get over there and try it out

nasher
    Free Member

Hey Leku

Weather here is great at the mo and it even hit 30 degrees on the coast today!!! but lovely in the mountains, but as siaxminster said, dual ply tyres, the maxxis 2.35 minion or high roller are perfect.

We will send you an email shortly with a list of stuff to bring… jelly babies, branston pickle and hp sauce are in there somwhere..

EDIT: Juan how are things, being meaning to get in touch, we will have to catch up for a ride sometime? If I had known you had a bike to bring back i would have brought it down on my return a couple of weeks ago!!!! will see if i can get a friend to bring it down for you.

A
    Ciao

A

crotchrocket
    Free Member

I flew from there last night – 4 days of 25deg C all day & about 16deg at night.
    Take a jacket in case you want to sit out drinking late 😉

Oh and remember to take your “bail out” skills one of my buddies didn’t 🙄

jedi

i always hear great things about riviera bikes. not been yet but riders i know have

crotchrocket
    Free Member

Get yourself out there Tony. You won’t regret it.

unless you don’t like pasta 😉

continuity
    Free Member

Met the guy who runs it at CYB a few weeks back. Apparently they have a DH race team now? Next summer for definete.

forgotmename
    Free Member

Yes Tony get your ass out there, its the mutts nuts.

jedi

will do gaz. 🙂

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Riviera Bike Molini – Anyone just been?’ is closed to new replies.