Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Rivi types, Healey Nab
  • jaffejoffer
    Free Member

if i was riding rivi id park at San Marino as im from over that way and like to finish in that descent. but what would be the best way to get over to the nab from the top of winterhill? top of my head id go two lads, kennels, ice cream, then follow the road past Yarrow and round the bottom of Anglezark.

just wondered if there were any more interesting routes?

jonnym92

You could head over to Great Hill and down to White Coppice? I would avoid at peak times as it’s full of walkers most of the time, good run down though.
    From there follow the Goyt to Anglezark res.

jaffejoffer
    Free Member

you mean head right at top of san marino, down, across rivington road and over along Spitlers edge?

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

yep, either up to Spittlers Edge and over Great Hill or down to Leadmines Clough.

Personally though, I’d go out towards Darwen Tower then Roddlesworth, Abbey Village, Withnell Woods, Goyt, White Coppice, Healey Nab, and back via Rivi along the cheeky East side of the reservoirs.

jonnym92

I ride around Darwen tower/roddlesworth a lot so yeah you could pick up the Witton weavers near the dye works on Egerton road and as you get onto Tockholes road take the right up Lyons Den and you’ll end up at the tower.
    Can then go around the tower or straight down into Roddlesworth and over to Abbey village as Ecky-Thump says depending on how far you wanna go!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Rivi types, Healey Nab’ is closed to new replies.