Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Rivi Last night
  • lowey

Never seen so many riders out night riding. The place was veritably packed. I suspect the number will be dropping soon when the weather turns.

Not one application received from anyone to ride my land either. Bloody Cheek.

Oh, and is anyone going to own up to having their foto taken on the trig point on Winter Hill fully starfished ?? You were lit up like a beacon 😛

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

"We" were out last night (6 of us).

Saw two large groups, one as we were decending down the Chinese Gardens near the bottom close to the carpark, we were at Warp factor 11 at the time so I just shouted "KKF" at a bunch of bright lights climbing up and then another bunch at about 8pm at top barn.

At the moment its good to ride UP the eliminator, did it without dabbing the other night. 8)

Its mint up there at the moment, nice and dry.

As for applications to ride…………….. 🙄

binners

It were busy last night wasn't it? 8 of the South Manchester Massive out. We had a belter.

I'd forgotten just how scary the Belmont descent is in the dark though. Proper arse-twitching. Fun listening to the screams coming from behind from Iain, who'd never ridden it before and didn't know what was coming

We definately earned a pint stop at the Black Dog 🙂

Finished with the ice cream run, and that great piece of…. ahem…. 'singletrack' on the way down from the doggers car park

binners

kingkongsfinger – that was us lot at the top barn I think.

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

binners – Member
    kingkongsfinger – that was us lot at the top barn I think.

Think it was, only three of us when we saw you as three had gone home another way, as I said its great up there at the moment 😀

piemann
    Free Member

"I'd forgotten just how scary the Belmont descent is in the dark though. Proper arse-twitching. Fun listening to the screams coming from behind from Iain, who'd never ridden it before and didn't know what was coming"

I'd just like to point out that they were screams of delight (mostly)…

Iain.

lowey

There was only the 2 of us, but had a belting ride. Took in the Shoulder descent off Winter Hill, Ice cream run and San Marino (belmont) all in the one ride. I reckon the ICR is easier in the dark, far less intimidating. Battered it last night.

Rivi is ace on nights like that.

binners

First time i rode the ice cream run was at night. On ice! In January. It doesn't get any more stupid than that. Riding it in daylight was obviously an absolute doddle after that 🙂

Kit
    Free Member

Ah the memories 🙂

weester

'we were at Warp factor 11 at the time '

You liar Kingkongsfinger, everyone knows that Warp factor 10 is the theoretical maximum.

weester

In fact, Lowey and myself managed warp 9.7 down San Marino and that was fast enough for anyone I can tell you. Everything was a blurr.

adt
    Free Member

Been up San Marino at warp factor 11 a few times

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

weester – Member
    'we were at Warp factor 11 at the time '

You liar Kingkongsfinger, everyone knows that Warp factor 10 is the theoretical maximum.

Not if you realign the dilithium crystals and feed the power from the plasma conduit, as adt says he can hit warp factor 11 up hill, even with a wooden leg!! 8)

adt
    Free Member

Hope to get out on some of these legendary Thursday night rides with you lot soon ,got the night light sorted as well,did John the brick turn up last night ?

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

No dident see John, 6 of us in total, i was mint. I went over the bars and twatted my knee. Not sure if i can do my TT tomoz ot RR Sunday, will see how I feel in morning 😳

adt
    Free Member

Get some Ibroprufen down you reckon it will be a fast day up there again tomoz ,have you been over to that Heally nab yet its supposed to be good ?

Iceman
    Free Member

Me & Jay did the same route this am, but the operzit way round,. Called at the barn after, the "polar bear" his mrs and the "im gona kill him wiffaspoon" were there. 😀

kingkongsfinger
    Free Member

I heard Jay's stalker was there trying to groom him as well 😳

adt
    Free Member

do I know this trio you are on about they sound very familiar

Iceman
    Free Member

I heard Jay's stalker was there trying to groom him as well

Ye holding hands with another dutch ditch. 😯

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Rivi Last night’ is closed to new replies.