Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • River monsters, anyone else watch it?
  • wrightyson
    Free Member

I have absolutely no interest in fishing but me and the son bloody love this programme!

PiknMix
    Free Member

Jeremy is a cracking angler and scientist. After the day I had fishing today I would have given my left arm for a day in one of his spots.

Good programme, it keeps me entertained.

AndyPaice
    Free Member

Yep not really a fishing programme is it, more of a getting out there / adventure programme. Really enjoy it. Some stunning places he visits

wrightyson
    Free Member

What a great way to earn a living!

crush83
    Free Member

Me and the Mrs love it, nither of up fish! As said good adventure program

neninja
    Free Member

I really enjoy that and also watch Extreme fishing with my wife. Robson green comes across as someone you’d have a laugh with over a few beers.

esselgruntfuttock
    Free Member

Jeremy Wade is a damn sight better fishing programme presenter than Robson Sodding Bloody Green! (who gets on my wick, as you may have guessed)

Pigface
    Free Member

(who gets on my wick, as you may have guessed)

Really who could of worked that out 😉

properbikeco
    Free Member

ultra keen on angling and always watch it

shame he always tries to make out the fish are man eaters (esp funny in the alligator gar episode)

best bit is you know he will pull in a lunker near the end!

solarpowered
    Free Member

Absolutely love it! I love fish and learn so much from this programme but my family have no idea and just ‘love to watch !’

markfu
    Free Member

That episode with the Goliath Tiger Fish feeding frenzy…. The stuff of nightmares.

Great tv though.

tang
    Free Member

He is a really nice bloke according to my dad who is a friend of his. I agree, totally watchable, even though I hate fishing. I’d love to see him do some other nature docs. Robson Green is a total plank who grates my nerves.

MarkBrewer
    Free Member

I don’t watch that much tv these days as its all either depressing soaps or celebrity something or another crap, but I’ll always either record this or watch it. Must be the first decent saturday night tv in ages!

pacerc100
    Free Member

Agreed a very interesting program. I come from a fishing mad family although I don’t fish myself. Anyone into fishing will most probably know of my brother Dr Paul Garner who like Jeremy Wade combines his scientific background with his love for fishing. He was a fair mountain biker back in the day too.

MrSmith
    Free Member

For such a good fisherman he’s very snatchy and jerky with the rod, show some finesse! I swear he would land more if he didn’t try and winch like frenzy after setting the hook.

That plane crash was mental though. 😯

wrightyson
    Free Member

Didn’t realise he’s been doing his thing for so long till watching tonight’s doc! And yes the plane crash was mad! However the lightening strike on the soundmans head was a ridiculous event to have on film!!

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Watched it a couple of times. Both times he described the massive monster man eating fish, caught various smaller fish until he caught the species he was after. Holding up a 4 foot long fish he says he is convinced that this is the killer in question and if it grew to 16feet long it would fit the description.

Has he ever caught an example of the fish he was after that is more than about 50% the size he was looking for?

properbikeco
    Free Member

he did catch a stingray about the size of a merry go round once

his programme is on the 3rd or 4th season now, excellent watching, and as has been noted better the Gobsh1t3 Green

fishman
    Free Member

Good angler,,
    But why does he have to make out they are all killers,
    like the river Ebro catfish episode when he said,” it just went for my leg, lucky i got out of the way of it ” lol 😉
    much better than that fool robson!

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

Plane crash or helicopter crash ? In one episode of his original programme( jungle hooks) he isin a chopper crash and its all on film- scary

Edit it was a plane- ignore me, its here
    http://youtu.be/ZSzELW4h4BE

mattzzzzzz
    Free Member

PacerC100 yes Dr Paul Garner, well respected in fishing circles

tazzymtb

Has he ever caught an example of the fish he was after that is more than about 50% the size he was looking for?

400lb fresh water stingray

and some enormous bull shark

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘River monsters, anyone else watch it?’ is closed to new replies.