Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Riva del Garda- will I be able to hire a 29er?
  • tootallpaul

Morning all,

Off to Garda on our honeymoon this August, and want to get some biking done- can’t take our bikes as going to Venice for a while, so looking to hire.

But I’m a 29er guy, so will I be able to hire one there?

Cheers all

Paul

alpin
    Free Member

i’d say “yes” as there are many on-trend bike shops there.

but i don’t know if a 29er would be the best choice for the trails there, unless you’re just pootling around.

most people rock up at the lake with 140mm or more fullys.

justatheory
    Free Member

Don’t know if you can hire a 29er, just wanted to say I’m very jealous as it’s a beautiful beautiful place.

EDIT: Try this place: http://www.gardabikeshop.com/index.php

Ecky-Thump
    Free Member

Some of our party hired from carpentari in Torbole last year.
    Take a look on their site.

Not sure that a 29er is going tgo be man enough for the trails around there though!
    The guys who hired used Cube Fritzzes. The bike shop were a little dismayed at the ware and tear that we’d managed to inflict in a week. They said they would have recommended the Hanzz instead if they’d have known what we were going to inflict on them. (We took that as a compliment 😈 ).

alpin
    Free Member

i spend almost every weekend there in the summer….. 8)

JonBurns
    Free Member

Ah the ponali trail 😀

We went this time last year and hired from Garda Bike as the shop was on the same street as the hotel. GT Force which were pretty good. I’d assume you’d now get 29ers aswell.

Carpentari also had a ruck of bikes available and I was able to watch a bit of the Giro in the shop.

I think the 2 above seemed the best price vs kit. But ultimately think of where it’s located. We hired for 2 days, at the end of day one we took them back to the shop so they could look after them overnight.

Worth pre-booking early tho, as we were low season we could just hire straight off the street. I guess August you’d be struggling.

Also instead of a guided tour buy the local trail map and do you’re own. You can then take in some of the sites like the medieval village (with awesome descent afterwards).

alpin
    Free Member

that pic? Ponali? no….. the “freeride festival trail” from Nago to Torbole….

JonBurns
    Free Member

Sorry Alpin,can’t see the pic. I was just picturing it all in my head 🙂

tootallpaul

More worried about me being man enough for the trails than the bike to be honest…

I’ve been riding only 29ers for the last 4 or 5 years now, so I’d rather stick with what I know!

Carpentari has a selection of 29ers- so I’m sorted…

tootallpaul

This looks good to me…

alpin
    Free Member

do it! enjoy!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Riva del Garda- will I be able to hire a 29er?’ is closed to new replies.