Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Riva del Garda
  • smartay

Thinking about this for our summer hols in July.

Bearing in mind I’m the only one interested in mtb so would be sight seeing/ family holiday

Where did you stay and roughly how much, £1000/7 nights B&B in quadruple room I’ve seen on the net plus I have to get there

shooterman

Beautiful place. Stayed there in 2000 in the Hotel Sole which is very central.

We are staying in Malcesine this year. I have an 8 yo and a 12yo and found it difficult to get an hotel which would let us all stay in one room!

jekkyl

Italy will always be expensive. I love garda and my wife and I have been twice, once on Honeymoon. We stopped in Limone both times at a great hotel called the St Pietro. Can’t help you with Riva I’m afraid but you’ll have a great time whatever you get up to.

easygirl

Inghams travel usually have some good deals in gards
    Malcesine is my favourite, but limone is also beautiful

B.A.Nana
    Free Member

We camped at a shoreline campsite last summer, Torbole (next town to RdG).
    Quite expensive eating on the beach front and all geared up for the Germans, we found it noticeably cheaper to go for a drive and eat at less touristy places (ie Torri del Benaco). Plenty to sightsee, swimming/beaches (pebbles, no sand), ferries, other lakes nearby in the hills, windsurfing/sailing, Dolomites etc etc.
    Was great to go for a big ride and then for a dip and lay on the beach in the late afternoon.
    Only thing about the riding was that I found by the end of the hol I was getting a bit fed up as the routes and terrain got a bit samey. Twas a great hol, but probably won’t go back.

B.A.Nana
    Free Member
    jambalaya
    Free Member

Another vote for Malcezine but the lake is surrounded by lovely towns and villages. Malcezine has a cable car out of the town so good for hiking/biking. From memory there is campsite there too, we stayed in very nice little 3 star hotel called Ariston.

j3ffo
    Free Member

Stayed in Garda Sporting hotel last year (Riva). Nice rooms & pool, good food, good bike storage facilities, gym, spa, exercise classes etc. About 10-15 mins walk from the main restaurants. My wife didn’t do any riding and still really enjoyed our stay. We had a car and spent some time exploring etc

I Did some guided rides with ‘garda on bike’ who have an association with some of the accommodation meaning that for 10 euro you get a shop discount and access to a guided ride every day. Some days are fairly easy, some days were ‘all mountain’ tours with >1200m climbing and tech descents. They give the routes a star rating on difficulty.

I took my own bike but they had decent bikes to hire (Cannondale Jekyll)

Have fun..

JAG

We stayed in Malcesine last June.

It’s a beautiful location and the cable car station (at the bottom) has a bike rental place with proper mountain bikes and full kit available. There are several cycling trails on top of and down the side of Monte Baldo which towers over Malcesine.

Well worth the trip to the top as the views are amazing

badllama
    Free Member
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Riva del Garda’ is closed to new replies.