Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Ritchey WCS Logic Headset. Any good?
  • ackie
    Free Member

Merlin are doing it for £22.50 at the mo!
    I haven’t had experience of Ritchey before are they any good?

It’ll be for my Kona Kula Supreme/Reba Team XC build.

Cheers

BigCol
    Free Member

I had a bad experience with mine.

Installed it (using correct tools for fork and headtube), frame has been faced. It would always tend to bind a bit when bars were turned past 45 degrees. I had to swap the crown race between forks – i used a plastic drift to remove the crown race (carefully), on the first ride out the headset would either have play or if I tightened it to stop this it would be binding. On examination it was obvious the crown race was bent somewhat, and thus acting like a spring (ie if you just take up play ins system it would still flex so you do get loose headset feel when riding, if you tighten enough to stop this you are having to bend it flat again so headset will bind).

I put this down to the fact that the crown race it fairly thin Aluminium to save weight (chris king etc all steel).

I replaced it with chris king and have had no probs at all – no binding or play, smooth as silk.

Based on the above would not recommend.

Col.

Jase
    Free Member

I have one that works fine although only 3 rides old!!

Friend has used them for a while with no probs.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    colnagokid

I have one on cx bike, replaced cheap and nasty original with it, and it has cured the front end of shudder under braking so it seams ok to me!

sunchaser
    Free Member

I’ve got one & like it. At £22.50 you can’t go wrong.. £52 at Wiggle 😮

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Ritchey WCS Logic Headset. Any good?’ is closed to new replies.