Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Ritchey Pro Paradigm pedals and Shimano cleat compatibility?
  • krixmeister

Wondering if anyone has experience with Ritchey pedals and Shimano cleats. I know the old versions (years ago) were not exactly SPD compatible – they would work, but with issues.

Bought a pair of Pro Paradigm pedals (http://ritcheylogic.com/mountain/pedals.html) to replace a destroyed pair of XTR M980 Race pedals. I haven’t replaced the cleats with those that came with the Ritchey pedals, as I’m lazy and didn’t want to if I didn’t have to. I’m finding though that the Ritchey pedals have way too much float – I have to twist my feet quite awkwardly to unclip – far more than was required with the old XTR pedals.

A quick bit of Googling doesn’t give any enlightenment on whether the existing Shimano cleats are 100% compatible – other than Ritchey’s own comments on their website that you should use Ritchey cleats for best performance.

Before I go and replace cleats, wondering if anyone has come across this issue or have any other brilliant ideas?

scotroutes

I used the pre-Paradigm Ritcheys for a while. I found that the Ritchey cleats worked well in Shimano pedals but not vice-versa.

JoeG
    Free Member

I’ve used Shimano, Ritchey, and generic cleats in both Shimano and Ritchey WCS Paradigm pedals with no problem.

If there is a difference in the cleats, I can’t spot it with the cleats placed side by side…

sq225917
    Free Member

Use the Ritchey cleats the shimano ones will always be sloppy. I use the road micro pro.

scotroutes

That reminds me – I have a set of the Road Micros to sell….

krixmeister

Thanks all – I’ll try swapping out cleats to the Ritchey ones and report back. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Ritchey Pro Paradigm pedals and Shimano cleat compatibility?’ is closed to new replies.