Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Risks of selling a frame to someone abroad
  • BrokenSofa
    Free Member

I’ve had my full suss frame up for sale on another forum and someone from Holland wants to buy it. I’ve never sold anything to anyone abroad. Anyone got any advice on the risks? I was thinking of getting him to pay through paypal – not sure if I’d have to pay currency conversion fees? I’d then post it tracked through parcel force. Could I still get done over?

Cheers

steveh

Get him to pay by bank transfer or paypal as gift. If he uses normal paypal there are various ways you can get done. Ask if they have purchased from the uk before, could provide a name etc maybe from the same forum?

ken_shields
    Free Member

I just sold a frame to a chap in France (through Retrobike). The problem with a bank transfer is that the bank will require a lot more info because it’s an international transfer.

He did a normal paypal transfer and it wasn’t a problem

Is he known on the other forum?

Why not ask on there?

Steve-Austin
    Free Member

I sold a Xizang to a bloke in Germany, no problems at all. well, apart from the fact that i shouldn’t have sold it

bruneep

I sold a frame/forks to a guy in Poland paid via PP and we split the fees, he paid for the insurance and I sent it by DHL via parcel2go. Just make sure that it is insured and tracked and signed for and you should have no problems at all.

BrokenSofa
    Free Member

Thanks for the tips. Does paying as a gift through paypal prevent tax issues or is it more so that they can’t deny receiving and claim a refund? I take it this wouldn’t provide the buyer with any protection?

Does paypal allow me to work out a price to cover currency fees? If so, at what point does it do that? When I send an invoice?

cheers

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Risks of selling a frame to someone abroad’ is closed to new replies.